ryan gets his plaque

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by russ, Oct 26, 2009.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    Ryan and i went to Memphis to fish the bass pro cat quest. neither one of us had ever seen this part of the river but hey its a fishing trip and plus its a championship. we pre fished a little on Friday with little to show for, so we went out first day of tourney thirty miles south of where we pre fished at. we didn't think it could as bad as the day before so why not. we did get on some fish and made it to the scales with five fish, after the first day we was in 10 Th place. they were paying 15 places but only the top five gets a plaque with a check. all year Ryan has been talking about how bad he wanted one of those plaques, bass pro or cabelas. day two we leave out so early that we were at our spot about 12 miles down river and had to wait for over a hour to start fishing. we went out with the a plan to go after two big fish and then get our three fish under 34 inches. Ryan gets a channel cat right off, then after a drift or two he gets a 30 pounder and one more small blue, he just kept saying we got to get one more good fish and up grade the two small fish two make up the five spots we were behind. after a while he said are you ever going to catch a fish, just joking, i told him i never catch any fish. well i did get a fish Sunday it was in the forty's. i told him when we got it in the boat that we had made it up to forth or fifth place, now to the easy part, just go get three small fish, after two hours of fishing for small ones we had the same fish. so we went to the scales with only four fish. we put 83# of fish for day two. at that time we were in third and missed 2ND by 4 pounds with a lot of teams to go. Ryan was walking around saying were going to be one fish short of getting fifth place. just to make it more fun all the boats but two had weighed in except for two that had a very small lead on us after day one. well we had them beat and wasn't that close. so Ryan and i finished fifth just 4 pounds short of 4th. we got to share the stage with the big boys and had one hell of a lot of fun, we were up beat the whole trip, not to many nut rolls. and we came home we 1000. bucks and some great prizes and Ryan has got his plaque. congrads buddy thanks for a great weekend, PS Ryan take a pic. of the plaque and post up, they are really good looking.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    :wink:congrats! plaque better than a plague any ol day

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats brother and good luck in the future!

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I had a blast! Russ kept moral high on the boat every day with good jokes and lots of stories. He has a lot of time to do this as he is a union fisherman. He has his mandatory coffee breaks, cigarette brakes and then the standard 15 minute breaks.:smile2: After the first day Russ was biding his time on catching a fish that would weigh and on day two with three fish in the livewell I decided to give him some grief and told him that he should try catching a fish. I told him it is a bunch of fun and that he should at least try it once.:smile2: Well if you have never fished with Russ he knows what he is doing and about 5 minutes after I was giving him a hard time he sticks about a 45 to 47 lb fish and said we just got our plaque. Little did I know that he was just waiting on the right bite is all. For the life of me I never thought it would be so hard to catch one more rat. I wish we would have had the secret 7 with us. Also it was cool to hang out with Justin Wolfe and Adam. Congrats to you guys on a great finish in the money as well.

I just want to thank Russ for letting me go down there and fish with him, I had a great time. It was pretty cool to get on the stage and have our pictures taken with the heavy hitters.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Russ and Ryan congrats on your tournament placement in a foreign territory.:big_smile: Job well done.

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Atta boy, Ryan... Well deserved... Reps out!

Bill in SC

7. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    U Da Man Punkin:
    Kinda brought a tear to the uncle's eye,

8. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
  9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats guys. get us some pics of the weigh in.:wink:

10. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Way to go guys, hope to be up on your alls level someday.

11. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Congrats to ya! Great outcome for never having fished the area before.

And Ryan I know what you're talking about with Russ. He wanted me to catch all the fish at the shootout, and I had to have a talk with him about pulling his weight and helping me out! I think he finally figured it out and caught one or two that day...:smile2:

12. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    doug i think it one, but i was on over time, lmao:smile2::smile2:

13. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Way to go guys!! REALLY happy for you. :wink:

14. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Russ I have one of everyone 15th and better that has you and Ryan in it. A lady in the audience took a few for me. Congrats on the great finish.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  15. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, the upload has failed. Don't know why, but will try to get you guys the pic.

16. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Congrats on your plaque.
    Russ and Ryan

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Congratulations Guys. Great Job. Its not easy to go to a totally unfamiliar venue and come away successfull. Goes to show ya, applying techniques you are familiar with on your own waters, can work wonders just about everywhere you go. Nice Work.

18. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Congraduations to Ryan and Russ & Justin and Adam

19. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well congrats. You guys are on a roll this year. But now if I can survive one more date with the knife, I will be back next year. And it MAY get a little tougher to get one of those plaques. I have one that is 5th place also. I guess if I would admit it I am a bit proud of it too. :wink:

20. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Congrats fellas! Seems you are beginning to make a name for yourself Mr. Casey! :wink::smile2:

That is awesome for sure, way to go!!:big_smile: