RWS Model 48 Air Rifle....

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by benneeb0y, Nov 18, 2006.

1. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    I wasn't realing hunting more like pest control, but I got this RWS 48 air rifle in .22. Got the first kill with the gun. I'm surprised with it's stopping power. Got a nice size koon bout midnight last nite. One to the back of the head at between 15 - 20 yards. Damn koons keep get in the trash. Plus can't have my dogs out there fighting with koons in the back yard. Anyway I have some pics of it and I just wanted to note the power of the RWS 48 .22 loaded RWS SuperPoint .22's. No sales pitch or anything. Just suprised of the power of aiguns nowadays.

Attached Files:

2. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    nice shootin man!!also nice rifle.i would love to have an rws but im saven for my gamo hunter.what kind of fps are u gettin with that baby?i know atleast 1000fps to take down a koon

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Dang, that's some power..........coon can be hard to stop!!

Would also enjoy some info on the gun, been thinking about an air gun for some urban squirrel issues I have.

4. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    thanks! it's a nice gun. i am very pleased by it's performance so far. I am suprised the gun was able to take the coon in one shot. fps is approx 900. It's 14.5 gr pellet. i figured squirls sure mabey a rabbit, some birds. didn't think coon. but hey. it did take a good 30 seconds for coon to die. I got mine from cabellas for 400 bucks with a 4X32 scope and mounts. Pellets are 10 bucks for 500. I just broke 500 pellets the other night. I've had it maybe 3 weeks. it's quite accurate. i zero'd it out at 20 yards. Hitting 1/4 groups at 20 yards. but that's with it on a rest. but last night i only had one of those super bright key chain led things. suprised i got such a clean shot. i recommend this gun if you have a rodent problem or hunting. a bit much for just back yard shooting. i have a back drop of a piece of 5/8 and a piece of 1/4 plywood one behind the other. it will go through the 1/4 no problem at 20 yards. does not penetrate the 5/8 fully. a little buldge on the back side.

5. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    nice shooting. personly i wouldnt shoot a coon with an air rifle, but i know the new air rifles are up to it. just stick to head shots. nice shooting. have fun

6. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    ya i dont think it would have been effective with out the head shot. was reading an article on the net about some guy got a boar with a 9mm pcp airgun. they even have .50 cal air guns out there. i don't know if i would mess around with a boar and an air gun. those thangs are mean.

7. south_va_fisherman

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    i have a dvd of hours of bigboar airgun hunting. they kill deer, coyote, boar, elk(yes..elk) and groundhog. they used 50cals and even a 20mm!! on a hog. the 20mm bullet dwarfed the 50 cal. it was like 1200 grains at 700fps. thats CRAZY for air.

8. south_va_fisherman

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    by the way here is a link to a forum only about airguns. its pretty cool, im a member of it and have learned a bunch. yellowforum.com