Rward

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Dec 18, 2007.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    My brother Rward gave me a call tonight ,and wanted to let you know he will be back soon ,his computer is shot ,might not get anouther one until jan.

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I hope he has better luck than I with this new operating system. I'll have to say Bill Gates can take this Vista crap back:angry:

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    You can still get XP on Dell computers. Thats what I did. I tried Vista and took it back!

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey Gents,

What was the issue with Vista? Slow?

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hey the problem with this one is it will freeze up whenever it wants and one these days I will throw it out the window but until then all I can do is stop useing it when it does that

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Happy new years bro,be safe

7. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Not slow just a pain to operate. everything has to be manually configured. HP printers still don't have a driver download for vista which really pisses me off since I just spent $500 on a wireless all in one. I've had constant problems with the home network, being booted, loss of conection, ect. Its a very tempermental program. I've started figuring out how to correct some problems with the help of a friend. I guess the biggest problem is its user friendly level and the geek squad agrees is that its far more complicated than the older versions.

8. Tinsldr2

Tinsldr2 New Member

State:
    GA
    I hate my windoes Vista, Its supposed to be more secure for internet usage and that may be so but it is Less user friendly to operate. I also seem to get the old "blue screen of death" more then i did with XP. getting it hooked up to my ISP over here the first time was more confusing and finding the small geek things like modifying start up windows is harder. I think it also runs slower especially on start up even though I have a faster machine.

On the almost comical side of computing, the wireles card on my laptop stopped working and since there arent repair shops anywhere near here I ordered a wireless adapter for about $20 including shipping. When it finally gets here i go to install it and it tells me in the directions to connect to the internet and download the drivers before the wireless card will work. I was thinking "duh, if i could connect to the internet, i wouldnt be buying a stupid wireless adaptor. "

I guess that is what friends computers is for.

Rob aka SharkFighter

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I purchased a laptop with XP preinstalled and had the option of upgrading to Vista. I had heard all the complaints about Vista so decided to install on a seperate partition. I'll have to say, I like it so far. I don't use XP on the laptop anymore.