RVO Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by highpockets658, Feb 2, 2006.

1. highpockets658

highpockets658 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Anyone had any experience with these reels? I see a lot of them on Ebay.

2. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    Penns got one thats looks exactly like that called a penn roddy, id prolly go with the penn just cause of the name.
    Just a suggestion:thumbsup:

3. nhra22

nhra22 New Member

Masters and Roddys are very cheap... I would highly suggest that you stay away from them... the pier I used to work at bought 20 Master 7'0 heavy action spinning combo's, spooled with 25lb mono, for use as rentals. The paid $15 for each rig... after a few months the reels got replaced...ironic that the rods turned out to be DAMN tough...I was more than impressed with how they held up to countless hours of use by thousands of people... alot of them catching big fish too... if you find the right source online, you can probably get most of their rods for $10-$15 each. I know I saw a site once that had
    11'0 and 12'0 Master surf spinning rods for $25 and $30. You can't beat that with a stick..

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i have a friend that fishes with a master pole and reel he has had it for about 3 years now. it has not gave him a minutes problem. i will say one thing it looks good works good and casts good so what he paid 25 bucks for it suits his needs.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    highpockets did you do you shoot skip on the old cb radio Ive heard that name before?

6. highpockets658

highpockets658 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yep, several years ago. I haven't done any cb in about 15 years.

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Nhra22, I don't know who you are, where you come from, where you live, how old you are, or anything else, cause you don't have a profile like most other members do, but I have to make a comment. I have noticed some of your posts since you became a member, and I went back and read through them again tonight. Out of 47 posts, about 2/3 of them are what I would consider extremely rude, derogatory to some of the other members, and at times perhaps inflamatory. Pretty much all of your posts have been regarding reels, such as quality, etc. Do you work for a reel manufacturer? Most of the comments you've made appear to be based in large part on what you say you've seen other people experience, sometimes in a commercial environment. People who rent equipment do not have ownership, and probably abuse that equipment much more than the guy who owns his own.
    You say you've caught fish in saltwater, but I'm wonder if you've ever caught a catfish, or even had much experience catfishing. I have no way of knowing the answer, and it probably doesn't matter. Most of the questions pertaining to reels have been related to catfishing, not stingrays, sharks, etc.
    All I'm saying is, take a look back at what you're saying. I understand you are trying to give your opinion, but all these other people have opinions, too, and they should be respected. Just because they don't always agree with you doesn't make them wrong or stupid, and vice versa. I would venture to say that most of these folks have far more experience with catfishing and catfishing equipment than you do. Maybe you should listen to some of them and incooperate their wisdom into what you already have.
    If I have you all wrong, then you have my deepest apology. I have never felt the need to get on someone's case before. I am normally very tolerant of other people's opinions and ideas, even if I don't always agree with them, and I feel that way about yours, too, but I don't like to see folks bashed just because they don't think the way you do. I'm not knocking your opinions or experience, just your attitude toward some of the other members.
    You, sir, will be on my ignore list, and you have the distinction of being the first and only one on that list since I became a member. Please, feel free to do the same with me. Good night.

8. nhra22

nhra22 New Member

Nicely worded..

9. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    you need to look at some of the master reels they are all not black plastic or with one bearing. master reels are not my reel of choice but for the guy i am talking about it suits HIS needs perfectly.

10. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Thank you Blackwaterkatz I was going to say something but I think your words had the perfect touch.

11. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    I second that motion.:p

Frank

12. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    sounds to me like your the one that got your feelings hurt. thats ok leave this place dont need people with your atitude here.

13. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Movie star, I like that. See you can be nice.

14. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well I've stood it as long as I can, I wander what the nhra stands for? Most likly a wanta be race car owner, if that is the case, nothing I'd like better than to knock the dust off the old mustang, spank his little bottom and send him home to play with his fishing pole.

15. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    As far as the movie starstuff, thats the nice's think he's said. Your are a lucky man!:)

16. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    ToShae. I'm a hillybilly wif no teef or shews and gradiated 3rd grad. But I can catch dem ther kitty kats:rolleyes:

17. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Hmm thought he wasnt coming back to read any replys or post anymore. oh well. just about what I figured.

18. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I can't read what was said due to the ignore feature, but if you want to see a man's true colors, just put a little squeeze on him. I got no pleasure from what I wrote, I was just trying to get him to get along with the good people on this site and stop insulting them, but from the tone of most of his posts, I doubt there's any hope of anyone getting through to him. He said once he worked in Texas, but I've never met a native Texan with such an attitude. There are several thousand members here, and they're the ones that make a great site. From the pm's and comments I got, I don't feel I was wrong to post my view of things.

Tommy Hughes, member since 2004

19. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Guys thing to remember is now he is getting what he wants attention bad attenion is better then none to some people. this is the first problematic child ive seen here and he is on my ignore anymore dont care to see someone insult and brag etc. remember the ones that brag are the ones that aint. as far as what blackwaterkat said i appluad him for his words. so back to the topic of this thread yes ive seen a lot of people use the lower end reels and they work for the most part. but its you get what you pay for. but the higher end master reels ive seen being used by some i will say i was impressed with them for a low cost reel. dont mean ill go buy one but if i didnt have a big budget for fishing and or didnt fish much id prolly go with a master or rvo reel.

20. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good point, Mutt. I didn't intend for my post to lead off the main topic like it did.
    I don't really know anything about these reels, and don't think I've even seen one before. Is there a website I can go to for some info on them?