Rutherford Co.

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by LiveWire, Jun 2, 2008.

1. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    Hey, was just wondering if any of you guys ever fished the smaller rivers in Rutherford Co. for cats? (Like Stones river and fall creek) I'm new to the area and still learning the spots. All I've got is a 12 ft jon boat, I get my a** kicked out on priest so I stick the smaller water!

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I wade the stones in the summer and fish the holes, smaller cats but on a lite rod lots of fun.

3. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've not fished very much for catfish in the stones, but I know they're out there. There are several places to put in at. All I have is a 12 ft jon boat also with a small 3 hp motor. I fly fish for bream and whatever else bites on it. Fish for trout in the winter and spring below nice mill dam. Lots of nice river through there. I like walter hill dam too since it's just 2 minutes away from my house. I would be willing to bet that there's some cats just about a mile or so down from walter hill in the first big bend of the river. I've got a friend of mine who really knows the entire river really well. He's on the water rescue/dive team for the fire department and he knows every inch of the river.

Hit me up if you wanna go sometime. I'm always ready to fish.

4. Copeland

Copeland New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I live in M'boro, and fish the stones all the time. i've done a little on fall creek, but all i've caught is bass and bluegill. i've had some luck with cats back up stewarts creek as well, but closer to where it meets with percy. there is a boat dock a small jon boat could easily go down out behind the softball fields in smyrna. the ones by the national guard base, and the airport. when you put in, head to your left, and you'll be heading towards pretty decent water near creek. i've got a 14 ft semi v, and am out on the water at every chance possible. maybe we'll try to get out together some time and find some of those good holes