Rusty's Shad.....

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Stumpknocker2, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Was wondering if anyone has used and or likes Rusty's shad from Wally world. I will be trying them out tonight. Guess I need to get a cast net now so I can catch the fresh ones.

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    HAd a buddy try em a few time a couple years ago with NO success on em. Get the castnet, mucho better and cheaper in the long run... Using the Info in JW's (Dreadnaught) article, you'll be throwing it like a champ in no time.

3. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    wallmart shad are junk

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Most of the packaged shad you can buy have had the oils removed from them then the bodies packaged for more money. I wish you luck and I agree that a cast net would be thee way to go.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Waste of time and hard earned money. Get a net like I did ,However Still haven't mastered that thing yet. But I will (Believer):roll_eyes: At least I hope to.

6. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Well went fishing tonight, and as all said Rustys shad is junk. The turtles wouldnt eat it. I did catch a big bluegill about 1 lb. on chicken livers. That was it...I did cut the gill up for bait and did away with the shad. But the fish werent biting....so..I left.lol