Rustys shad sides?

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by daredevle, Oct 10, 2007.

1. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hello brothers i was shoping in wally world when i saw that dumb perserved shad and next to it rustys cut sahd and shad sides i bought a bag of side and that same day went for channels got squat has any one tried this bait before its in a red coating scent thing green pavkage but any way has any one had luck with please if so do tell

2. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I've seen them in waly world too, but never tried them. Kinda curious to see what every one else thinks about them also.

3. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i personally think they cost too much when you can throw the cast net and get you a bunch of fresh one right out of the river

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i bought a bag of that 2 weeks ago used it the other day sat out about 3 hr's i did'nt even get a bite ! but it says on the bag when it ages longer the better it will work . when i used it really did'nt have a strong smell but it did stain my fingers red .so i got it aside for now going to use it in afew weeks or so see what happens .

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've never caught any cats on any catfish bait from Wal Mart, or on any other bait sprayed with their 'attractor' scent. I once baited up a 50 hook trotline with fresh cut shad, spraying Wal Mart's attractor scent for catfish on every 3d hook. I caught a nice mess of cats on the untreated baits, but didn't catch a single one on the baits that had been sprayed; the turtles wouldn't even touch them.

6. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ive got cats on stink bait from walmart but thats it. I bought some of those shad along time ago but never tried em out cause im always catchin fresh bait. I might try them this weekend and cut em in half so that cats can smell em better. I wounder if all the presertivies in em turns cats away?

7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    I think cats can tell a difference between shad that are from that specific lake or river and ones that arn't. Like if a neighbor brought you a sandwich, it'd taste and look (smell for cats) different than if your wife made it how your used to..even if it was the same kind. Thats just what I think so I always TRY to use fresh caught bait, caught out of the same place I am going to be fishing. Good luck

8. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Kyle that was well put, Great analogy.

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I tried them and got nothing. I think there preserved so they can stay on a wally world shelf for a year.:tounge_out:

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Waste of time and good money. If you look at that stuff close most of the oil is taken out of them.. What do the cats go after ,oil and smell. If no oil no smell. Don't buy it.

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I didnt see the sense in paying for something i could go catch for free,and be better quality.