Rusty's Catfish Baits

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tcba1987, Feb 15, 2007.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    i was just wondering has anyone ever tried any of these baits, i saw them at walmart and was thinking about trying some of them ?? they sell cut up shad & whole bagged shad with anise and some sort of preserved liver in bags and some other stink baits. have you had any luck on these at all and if so which baits and how did you use them ?? bottom rigs or under a float ???

THANKS in advance !!!

2. rustystinkbaitrules

rustystinkbaitrules New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I almost always use rustys when i catfish. the shad and livers dont work but the dip bait works wonder for channels in the 5-25lb range. i use a slip sinker rig with a 1\2 ounce bell sinker tied to a size 2 swivel and a size 2\0 bait holder hook. i take an uncooked shrimp and shell it then i dip it in the bait then just cast and tighten the line.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Does it come in the garlic hotdog flavor? Was thinking about buying Ryang a Christmas gift this year!:roll_eyes: rollo

4. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    I think that would make his x-mas:wink:

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    My buddy got a bag of that wal-fart bag ed shad:confused2: imo,It's not worth the bag it's in.they take the gut's, And the reason they sell them with them other liquid cent's in them is b/c they allso take the oil's out of the shad:embarassed: So if you go to that store to get fishing stuff turn around and RUN,Friends don't let friends shop at wal-mart !!:wink:As far as that stink bait, go to Kroger and get chicken livers :cool2: .

6. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    My buddy got a bag of that wal-fart bag ed shad:confused2: imo,It's not worth the bag it's in.they take the gut's, And the reason they sell them with them other liquid cent's in them is b/c they allso take the oil's out of the shad:embarassed: So if you go to that store to get fishing stuff turn around and RUN,Friends don't let friends shop at wal-mart !!:wink: SORRY FOLK'S FOR POSTING 2 TIMES, THIS PUTTER IS ACTING UP:cool2:

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    From what I understand the shad you get at walmart is not for catfishin but I agree it dont work for crap. But they do sell footlongs there:eek:oooh: maybe Ill bring one for Kipper:smile2::tounge_out: