Rusty's 16' Lowe

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Rusty, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    I have a 16' Lowe Jon boat. Some of you know what I am talking about when I say theirs not enough room. I fish the river a lot and I wanted to be able to fish out of the back of the boat. I didn't want the rod holder above the motor. So this is what I came up with. I made a platform to go from one side of the boat to the other and put a couple stadium seat that I had bought for $10.00 at a sale. Then I took some scrap angle and made the rod holders . the rod holders split and swivel to the back. The seats fold up and lay in the bottom of the boat. It takes me about 15 seconds to take it down or set it up.

Attached Files:

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Your jon is just like mine same length and seats are exactly the same. I like your setup. I think I will do something similar to my boat.

3. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Rusty
    I think that is a great idea. You been using your noggin for something besides resting your hat on. Luck

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    good job rusty , i like the idea , but im greedy id only put one chair and use all my rods

5. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like the rod holders. I have been struggling w/ how to add multiple rod holders to my boat, mind if I steal your idea?

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hey Rusty I've been in that boat and that looks like a really neat idea.No wonder you haven't been catching any fish ,you've been to busy modifing your boat. Looks like it should work real good. Have fun and enjoy.Like those seats!!

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Great idea. I like the way they split in the middle and swing out of the way.

8. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    I don't mind at all gebs04 you have right at it. If you have any questions about what they are made from or anythimg just give me a pm. ....Rusty

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Rusty, how about we do a library article on how you made those?

10. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Rod holders look good, Rusty, you need to test them on a 80 to 100 lb cat and then tell me, where you tested them.
    JIM

11. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Rusty,

I think I just sold the twin to your boat. I had a 1648 with a 25 Johnson. Great boat, I like your setup. Myne had some flush mount rod holders in the front and back seats. I also noticed I frequent your neck of the woods. I work for the bus company that runs Princeton.

12. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Hey moriver. Maybe we should hook up a wet a line some time. If your up my way give me a holler. Rusty

13. adamant

adamant New Member

State:
    new jersey

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    great setup brother!!!! i think the library thing is a must do rusty.

15. Whiskeyriver

Whiskeyriver New Member

State:
    WA
    Man that's a nice lookin boat. Looks like a catkiller.

16. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    sounds good.
    me

17. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Rusty, the stadium seat idea is great. I'm gonna run out and get me a pair. I would like to see more detail on your swing away rod holder, although I think I'm gonna build one up to mount on my transom over the motor. Good job!:cool2: