Rush tour dates announced!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., Mar 26, 2007.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    To everyone that's a fan of the band "Rush" their new tour dates have been posted. I will certainly be going to see them when they play in Raliegh NC, or when they play in Virginia!

To see the dates go to www.Rush.com and click on the "Tour" box on the toolbar on the top of thier page.

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Musicly talented and like there beats but I could never get used to the singer his singing makes my teeth hurt LOL

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    lol, A lot of people seem to say that. I personally think his voice is perfect for the music.

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Zakk, thanks for posting the concert info. I am a hbuge fan of Rush; my favorite album has to be 2112. Rush will be plaing at the Virizon Ampatheatre in Irvine Ca. on my birthday(7/25)

Jaime

5. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    My first "big time" concert was a Rush concert ... I think it was around 1984, the album/tour was Exit Stage Left. Concert was in Monroe, Louisiana. Good concert.
    One of the main things I remember about it was there was no opening band announced or advertised. No opening act shown on the ticket. Me and my high school friends get in our seats, and find out there was an opening band. We had never heard of them at the time, some unkown group out of New Jersey named .... Bon Jovi.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's great Jaime, maybe you can go see them, would be perfect since it's your birthday!

Ha, that's wild....I don't feel Bon Jovi deserved to open up for Rush though...LOL:tounge_out:

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    You hit the nail on the head Zakk.
    Exit stage left has to be my second faorite album

Jaime

8. zoelife

zoelife New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    RUSH,now that brings back some memorys,although A bit hazy..:lol:

I saw them in 1984 I believe it was,in Oklahoma city.I would of said it was their signals tour,but it very well could of been exit/stage left as well..

Their opening group was Golden earring..hehee...there is some memory for ya..:big_smile: the 2 hit wonder group...

I recall the ticket price for some reason..it was $13.50 for general seating,and could of gotten within 6 rows of the stage in those days for about $50 from a scalper..And I did spend that $50 on more than one occasion there-after..:crazy:

They were my second concert..The first was Billy Squire..

2 things that really stand out about the rush concert.

#1..Neil pert almost hidden by his drum kit..,and he played it very,very well.
    #2.watching Geddy Lee go from bass to the keyboards WHILE singing...Talent through and through..

Enjoy the concert guys..

Peace and PLenty,
    Kevin

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC

Yeah man, we're trying to get tickets way ahead of time if possible. Hopefully they won't be TOO much!

I have the best of album and love it, I still haven't heard a Rush song I did not like though!

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Rush - One of my all-time favorite bands! I will do a little breakdown of my favorite Rush albums and songs. The 1st album "Rush" is one of the classic debuts of all-time with selections such as Finding My Way, What You're Doing, In The Mood, Before and After and Working Man. Interesting is the fact that Neil Peart was not yet a member of the band but John Rutsey was the original drummer. The bands second record "Caress of Steel" featured a couple of my favorites - Bastille Day and Lakeside Park. The year 1975 brought "Fly By Night" with the classic title track in addition to Anthem,By-Tor & The Snow Dog & In THe End. Next up was 2112 with the magnum length title track and several personal favorites of mine - A Passage to Bangkok, The Twilight Zone and Something For Nothing. The live album "All The World's A Stage" came next which pretty much showcased the tunes I already mentioned in the live version. A Farewell to Kings contained several more classics with Xanadu, Closer to the Heart, Cinderella Man and Cygnus X-1. 1978 brought about "Hemispheres" and three of my all time favorites with Circumstances, The Trees and La Villa Strangiato. 1980 brought about "Permanent Waves" with The Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Jacob's Ladder & Different Strings."Moving Pictures" featured many classics such as Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, YYZ, Limelight, The Camera Eye, Witch Hunt & Vital Signs. That's an overview of my favorite Rush records and songs. I would like to see their tour this year, maybe I'll get on that Passage to Bangkok and buy a ticket!:big_smile: