Running beagles

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by YUKON JACK, Feb 6, 2008.

1. YUKON JACK

YUKON JACK New Member

State:
    WASHINGTON
    anyone running besgles on this site?

2. YUKON JACK

YUKON JACK New Member

State:
    WASHINGTON
    please excuse me bad typing i mean beagles

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I do. Having a hard time finding many rabbits though. Too many predators i feel sure.

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    this is the first year in a long time that i dont have a good trio of beagles.i dont have any one who wants to hunt rabbits any more so i sold my pack to a man in glenwood arkansas.i sure miss the noise they made.

5. YUKON JACK

YUKON JACK New Member

State:
    WASHINGTON
    YEAH I JUST STARTED THIS YEAR AND AM HOOKED LIKE A CHANNEL CAT. IT SURE IS ALOT OF FUN. YOU GUYS GOT SWAMP RABBITS THERE. WE ONLY HAVE COTTONTAIL AND HARE HERE IN WASHINGTON. HOW DO THEY RUN COMPARED TO COTTONTAIL?

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    NOT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Hawk33

Hawk33 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I haven't ran any rabbit's in about 4-5 yrs.
    I'd usually go with a friend he'd bring his dog and i'd bring mine.

Seem's to be a good number of rabbit's around though, I don't believe that many people hunt them around here much anymore !?!

I've seen a good bit of rabbit's, and tracks in the snow to know I still wish I had my dog.

Nothing better than hearing that howling !

HAWK

8. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Ryan I raise and hunt Beagles.

9. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    i have 9 beagles and love to rabbit hunt. have not been out much this season cause my hunting buddy moved to tenn. it is hard to find people to hunt with at times. love to hear them hounds goin off though.

10. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    We run most weeks throughout the year. Try to hunt every week during season.

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    We got a few swampers aka"Cane-cutters". They run like a buck deer but sure go good on a smoker.

12. ShannonLane4

ShannonLane4 Member

State:
    TN
    It gets harder and harder every year to find places to hunt

13. medic442

medic442 New Member

State:
    lonedell mo
    i have never hunted with a beagle, so i take its a good thing? we alway just went out and beat the brush piles and fence rows. always killed a bunch! ( but then again we worked our butts off!!!) my grandpa always said he loved to hunt a beagle in his younger years. said it was great!!!

hey john, you have to be from down in south east mo. all my kin live down in cape, steele, kennt, etc etc..... not many people hunt those jack rabbits!!!

14. elklover1964

elklover1964 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I remember growing up, my step dad would take me rabbit hunting most weekends. We would use Beagles and It was so much funn listening to the dogs run them rabbits.....I thought it was neat that the rabbits would run the dogs in huge circles around the woods....I would just pick a spot and wait.....they would eventually come by....and they tasted good too!

15. oklahomahunter

oklahomahunter New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey all, my name is Wil, i just started coon hunting a year ago and i now have a walker pup that is 7 months old. when i take her hunting she will run with the other dogs and stay with them but she wont ever bark. the only time she barks is when she is in the pen or the back of the truck in the box. any sugestions on what i can do to get her started. traning tips?

16. medic442

medic442 New Member

State:
    lonedell mo
    i have a couple of buds who are coon hunters. i only have one thing to say about coon hunters..... ya'll are crazy!!!!!!:big_smile:

they keep wanting me to go... come one its fun to go running through the woods in the middle of the night! yup crazy!!!!!