Runaway tilt and trim!

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by tbull, Feb 13, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    This started out on the water yesterday, when I went to trim my motor down, it keeps going even after I release the button. And I dont mean the hydraulic gives out and just lets her down, I mean you can here the motor still running, and once it trims all the way down the trim motor is still going, I actually had to remove the relays to stop the motor from burning itself up. What could be the cause? Bad relays? I also noticed yesterday that I have a leaking water jacket, which is spitting water all over the motor, just curious if water may have gotten into that relay box and shorted something out. Anyone had this problem before? Once I reconnect the relays its fine until you trim it up or down again, then all goes down hill from there, litterally!:0a35:

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    A buddy of mine has a Suzuki 140 4-stroke and it did the exact same thing on its maiden voyage last year. It was brand new. I forgot what part they changed under warranty to fix it. If I find out, I'll post it.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    The switch, the buttons you push are bad to do that also and yes if water did infact get inside the relays then it could be your problem