Run off into lakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by unclebuncle, Feb 10, 2009.

1. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I'm sitting here listening to thunder with a big storm coming in.It made me think of all the times I've dropped whatever I was doing and gone to a lake to be there when the water started coming into the lake.I've done this at lots of different places,Wison co,Bourbon co,oolagah,mined land and other places.The fish go on feeding spree when water first starts coming in.You have to get wet but it works.I bet I could do it tonight at wilson co with warm water coming in.Dont feel like getting wet tonight.

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    It sure is one if not the best times IMO to flathead/channel catfish fish in lakes as the shallows rise bringing in baitfish and flooded vegatation.

So get your frogg toggs out and get to catchin.

3. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Timing was wrong tonight I had a boy in basket ball game but I'll bet they were doing it.It was 75 here today and there hasnt been any runoff for a long time.My favorite place is Wilson co ,theres a cove on east side that has a big ravine that runs a lot of water.Only way to fish it though is to wade in,might be a little cool.

4. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Probably just as well. It might be that in February they would be a little
    sluggish, even unreactive to the incoming water. They are still sort of in
    winter mode even though you'd swear it was spring by the weather.

5. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    The channel are already in the shallows. The water temp at Melvern was in the 40's in some places. That rain will warm the water up even more and get them fish moving again. With this cold spell pushing in I dont know whats going to happen.

6. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Thanks for the info CJ I might be a little early but I have the fever.I dont think we got enough rain here to have a lot of runoff but some areas close to us did.