Run off by midges

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bill in SC, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Tried to fish Lake Wallace last night. The midges must have just hatched off. They engulfed the boat to the point that is was hard to breathe!! At one point I seriously saw the possibility of choking to death on them. They were like a black cloud. These were NON biting midges, but there sheer numbers was enough to make us haul butt out of there. We got out of there fast and went home! Lake Wallace has always been bad with midges at certain times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midge

Bill in SC

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i think they prefer the term "little people"

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    i have an aunt named Midge, and she is the same way...Overwhelming..lol:roll_eyes:

4. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i got a sister in law named Jvon..she is also overwhelming

5. ToonCat

ToonCat New Member

State:
    Tega Cay SC
    I made the unfortunate mistake of parking my boat under a light at Hills Landing one night. In the morning, that boat covered by so many dead midges, you couldn't even see the floor.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Same thing I thought when I first opened this thread. LMAO.

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    we run into them at Wateree durin the tournament and the wind picked up with a little rain and run them off. Had enough stuck to the top of the boat, i told Seth not to hit it with his head. First time i had trouble with them on Wateree

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    me too... lmao... I pictured Bill running from a bunch of pissed off midgets... I thought "WTH?" :smile2:

9. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I thought the same thing at first and them i said, :Bill just don't put me in the mind of someone that will run from midgets, he fishes on the pee dee at night, surley a man like that won't run from a midget, but probably use them for bait:smile2:jk