Run and Gun Tactic

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TOPS, Nov 21, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    In the past I would go to a place sit and sit and sit. This year I will try to only stay 30 to 40 min in a spot. This is only if the fish are not biting.

How long do you, as cat fishermen stay in a spot? All info will be appreciated.

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :cool: Top.....can't set in one place like i used to...After switching to Danny Kings punch bait....If i ain't got a fish in the boat in 20 minutes with e'm biting good I move. I move a lot....few here few there. Besides there is alaways a spot i have always wanted to try and never have.. By the way top your e-mail message didnt have a message attached. :confused:

3. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I use the same tech.If I get bit I stay another 30 mintues,and etc.,.Try and get that quick aggressive bite.Catch a hawg,wait,move and hope you catch another hawg.That's why it important to scout out new holes so you can move when needed.Different holes for different type days.It's nothing to fish 6-8 holes a day easy,but if you luck up and get on the right hole you may not have to move all day :D

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am a bank fisherman, so I am pretty well limited to one spot..I have found out if they are in a feeding mode you usually get action within the first 30 minutes.

5. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    top, it depends if i'm fishing for eating size fish or going after a good one.

for the small fish, if i haven't put a keeper in the boat in 10 minutes then it's on to the next spot. i use night crawlers, small shad, and stink bait. if they are feeding in a spot it won't take them long.

fishing for a big fish, i do it totally different. i have a lot of proven holes that i will set up in and fish for 45 minutes without ever even getting a bite before i move to the next hole. i can't tell you the many times i've sit there for 30 minutes and all of a sudden a good one will slam a bait like a freight train. some holes i don't stay quite as long, some maybe a little longer. it really depends on how much faith i have in that particular spot. i use big shad, skipjack, and live bream when after bigun's. with skipjack definately being the number one producer of big fish for me.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Brothers, I will give this a try. My fishing partners wiil be glad to hear this.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I stay in a spot from 30-40 min. depending if if the spot looks good. If i land a fish I'll stay another 20 min. or so. Other then that the grass is greener elseware.

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Thats what I do. find holes set up, 20-40 mins. moving again on rivers. But in lakes it seems best to drift to find active cats.