Rumors

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by derbycitycatman, Jul 22, 2009.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    There was a rumor that kimo had died from a heart attack, not true.

Ive heard that the fedor - barnett fight is off due to barnett roiding but ive always heard of tests after fights not before?? Theyre talking about fedor vs vitor but this is all just rumor for now. Anyone else heard anything?

2. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Aint heard anything derby. Im sure they will call me if they need a fill in:wink: I would love to see him in ufc. Wonder how hed do? Any opinions

3. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Lesnar may just be mean enough to take out fedor. Few punches standing, tackle him, headlock, then pound his head like he did mir but i wouldnt be surprised to see fedor armbar him, 50/50 either way?

Anybody think we'll see a mir-lesnar rematch? Anybody want to see it?

4. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    yeah the fight is off barnett was on masteron which is a steroid used for cutting and minimal strength loss but the problem with that is he's fighting heavyweight why would he try to cut down he might as well just shot up some deca and got freakin huge

5. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Lesnar / Mir fight again? I would have to say no. I wasnt to impressed with the fight. I have been watching UFC on and off for a few years and dont remember seeing anyones face look as bad as Mir's. Reminded me of Rocky after one of the movie fights. I just think Lesnar is above Mir's level. They will have to look for someone outside of UFC to bring in to be able to compete with Lesnar. They need to because im sure most fans are like me in that they want a fight where either fighter could win not just "well if he gets real lucky he has a slim chance".

6. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL

Well we will find out after Affliction it's Fedors last fight on contract, last I heard from Scotty Ferral on Sirus Dana is to be in meetings with a blank check.

7. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    they need a new class for body builder fighters like Lesnar. I dont think he is much of a fighter myself. I see him as nothing more than a realy over powering gorilla and I dont see any other fightes out there that have a toe to toe powering chance with him. Mir did beat him once before but it was by sure luck of a tap out a nother hit or two he would have been out then. I just dont find any lesnar fight intersting. he'd probably be better to go back to wrestling other body builders i think.:0a14:

8. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Other names being thrown around for fedor are tito ortiz-bwahaha, jeff monson and lashley. Though lashley is said not to be in shape or wanting to step up to that level yet. Monsons agent is supposedly in contact with affliction.

Im hoping fedor goes to ufc soon as he's getting older, plus the wars in pride and his prime may be behind him? I dont see it happening though.:sad2:

9. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    lesnar is a beast I didn't like him at first but have slowly gained more respect for him. yes he overpowers everyone but that's the name of the game, bigger faster stronger. his chin still hasn't been tested though. his best fight was against randy and randy gave brock all he could handle for 2 rounds until he got caught. fedor has the punchers chance lashley has the strenght and wrestling ability but isn't ready yet even though he's a great wrestler and it training with ATT shane carwin is a guy to watch out for who has the only hands bigger than lesnar with a 5xl glove. Another guy I'm watching to see what he's going to do is brett roger's. he's 10 and 0 right now with 9 knockouts and 1 submission and he likes to stand and bang he cuts weight to make 265 but is quite soft but lesnar and lashley cut weight too . but he better pray he doesn't get taken down.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  10. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    I would like to see carwin and lesnar. I love to watch carwin fight. That dude has some potential. It will be interesting to see who they come up with. Tito???:confused2: Are you kidding me:crazy: He is a total loser. He never had the heart or will to be a fighter imo. On the other hand id love to see brock tear him apart.

11. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah carwin - lesnar has me interested. Another rumor here, affliction trilogy has been cancelled. Some are saying it could be the end of affliction.

12. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Hours after scraping its biggest card Friday, Affliction announced it will end its promotional business and enter into a sponsorship agreement with the UFC.

"We are excited about the return of Affliction to the UFC and look forward to seeing our fighters once again walk into the Octagon wearing the Affliction brands," UFC president Dana White said in a statement. "Affliction is an innovator of mixing fashion with this sport and we are looking forward to working together to promote the sport."

This seemingly opens the door for a future bout between perhaps the UFC's biggest star, its heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar, and Fedor Emelianenko, who's considered the best pound-for-pound MMA fighter in the world.

It was revealed earlier this week that Josh Barnett, the opponent for WAMMA heavyweight champion Emelianenko in the Aug. 1 Affliction main event, failed a drug test.
    The California State Athletic Commission denied Barnett a license to fight after he tested positive for an anabolic steroid.
    Affliction was scrambling to salvage its card in Anaheim, Calif. Many pundits said was vital to the future of the company as a promoter of MMA cards. Their sentiments were proven to be true.
    Locating a worthy foe for Emelianenko (30-1) was too difficult.
    "Finding an opponent for the No. 1-ranked MMA heavyweight champion in such a short period of time was a huge endeavor, and I'm thrilled at the amount of fighters willing to take on this challenge," Affliction vice president Tom Atencio said in a statement earlier Friday. "But in the end, we just didn't have enough time to promote a new fight to our standards."
    The company now says it looks forward to its new relationship with the UFC.
    "Our brand is synonymous with the 'Live Fast' approach to life and UFC is the perfect venue for us to market our brand," Eric Foss, co-Founder of Affliction, said in a statement. "We have come to an agreement with the UFC which we feel will be the best for the sport and will help the UFC continue delivering the highest caliber of fights." Atencio had said he was in negotiations with three fighters to replace Barnett. They were likely former WWE star Bobby Lashley, Strikeforce's Brett Rogers and former UFC light heavyweight champ Vitor Belfort.

The commission said Barnett's sample was sent to the World Anti-Doping Agency test facility at UCLA on June 25. The commission released the findings on Wednesday.
    Barnett (24-5) also failed a post-fight drug test in 2002, after he defeated Randy Couture to win the UFC heavyweight title.
    The former wrestler spent some time fighting in Japan, where he beat Emelianenko's brother Aleksander during the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix, before returning to the United States.
    He fought in the inaugural Affliction show last July, knocking out Pedro Rizzo in the second round to avenge his first career loss. In January, Barnett stopped Gilbert Yvel in the third round of the second Affliction show before 13,228 fans at the Honda Center. Other fights that were scheduled for "Affliction: Trilogy" included Renato Sobral against Gegard Mousasi, Vitor Belfort against Jorge Santiago and Yvel against Paul Buentello.

13. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Another rumor.

UFC is planning a huge announcement Friday! Many are saying Fedor has signed a UFC contract, I cant wait!!!

14. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just line them up for Broc and he will beat them down like he did Mir.:smile2: I would like to see him fight someone his own size tho. But who can they find that is his size with any skill?:confused2:

15. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Latest news just in fellas. Rumor has it that lesnar is talkin crap. Rumor has it that i might just slap the crap out of him:big_smile::smile2:

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on! Slap him for me:wink:

17. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Update= Name: Aaron Brown
    Missouri, Windsor

Was found dead face first in a pile of his own fecies. Authorities belive cause of death was by blunt force trama to the head. No weapons were involved and this is believed to be a civil dispute between man and beast. It appears the young man worked his magic on the beasts mate and the beast became outraged and used physical force to kill the young man.

18. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Im giving fedor the name of "king of kimura's"/armbars. My big question is does fedor have the strength in both arms to slap on an sub to one of brocks arms??? Id have to have to put odds on this fight, 50/50? Ya got fedor the calm before the storm and brock, pure rage! I like them both but Id love to see brock tap to a guy that barely breaks a sweat while taking him out. The discipline and soft spokeness of fedor is one of my fav things about him. But brock is pure rage and I love that too!!! Yin vs Yang, which wins. I gotta go fedor, brock your buying the vodka!

19. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Ill be right behind ya and running!!!