Rumored records

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by coyotechromez, May 12, 2009.

1. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    I was wanting to see if everyone would be willing to post where some rumored record channels are? Prolly not, but I will be the first. In an issue of infisherman they spoke with a game warden in Kansas about some southern lakes, the one that caught my attn. was a 36# channel they netted in late 2008, maybe someone will catch it and set a new record this year. The place believe it or not Osage State Lake.

Thanks and good luck all!!
    Wylie

2. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I'm guessing most of the lakes in Kansas harbor record channels and even flathead. Just because they ain't nettet don't mean they ain't there:wink:

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My bet is that a record flathead is lurking in Lacygne, plenty of BIG shad there and warm water year round to support year round eating/activity. Chris

4. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    What about John Redmond, theres gotta be some biggies there.

5. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    I fish both Redmond and Osage alot and judging from some of the fish I caught I really do think they both could hold state records...

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah John Redmond would be my guess, have at it. :cool2:

7. tmramrod91

tmramrod91 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I love the John Redmond trophy talk....one week from today Steve and I are hitting the Neosho above JR hard for 5 days.

Hopefully the weather cooperates and the fish start to find a pattern and we can get us a few bigguns :big_smile:

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    thanks for the tip:wink: lol i might have to run down there some time and see if i cant find some of those big shad :tounge_out::cool2:

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
  10. kansasoutdoors

kansasoutdoors New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Redmond would be a good place to start looking for a state record channel! Sure wish I lived closer. The log jam up in the Neosho River is where I've seen the largest channels I've ever seen, but my buddies had better luck catching them. Saw a couple of fish that were over 20lbs., but nothing over 30. I bet there's one or 2 in there though.

11. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Last I heard....The existing KS channel cat record is in one of the 100+ strip pit lakes of the "Mined Land" State Park. I've been out of the loop for a while, maybe it has changed. Yes I know which lake, and no I ain't tellin' until after I fish there.lol
    LaCygne gets my vote for Flathead.

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Rick , long time no see. I know which pit it is too, and I also know the night Rick B. caught that 36, he also got a 29. I dont doubt for a second, that there is a bigger one in there, but I know where a 38 was caught and wasnt certified. It just happens to be where me and Shelby are going on our pig hunt tomorrow for 5 days. :wink:

13. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I DON'T KNOW ABOUT KANSA BUT I BET THERES ALOT OG BIGGUNS LURKING AROUND UP THERE.SEEN ALOT OF BIGGUNS HAULED OUT OF SOME PLACE DOWN HERE THOUGH.

14. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Good luck to you guys, keith.