Rumor about Knox Lake Flathead fisherman

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Netmanjack, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I heard a rumor about a guy that caught a forty some pound Flathead out of Knox Lake a couple of days ago, seems he was using a game fish for bait and got busted! I can only assume it was not of legal size for the lake, and, it was rumored that he used a cast net to get his bait. Can anyone verify this? :confused2:

2. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i havent heard anything about it jack but if i do ill let you know, i know one guy had caught 3 over 30 this year at knox all cpr, but havent heard of anyone getting busted, except my father in law when we took his boat out we got him for christmas last year, got a ticket on its maiden voyage for no life jacket $125.00 bucks lol

3. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I havent heard anything about this...I talked to the owner of grandpas tackle box a few weeks ago and he said he has caught three or four flatheads out of there this year 30+lbs and released em all......Never told us his bait...wonder if it was him?!? Ill ask around if i hear anything ill let ya know. Who busted him? Ranger or what? Who did you hear this all from jack?

4. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Did you talk to the actual owner or to john (kind of like a caretaker there - he's the one that's usually on the docks all night)... I'd trust John, not so sure about the owner - I've caught him feeding me a line of BS a couple of times...

Anyway, I'm beginning to believe that we can put Knox lake down as an official flathead lake now? Keep hearing more and more about 'em being in there...

5. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have not heard anything either ill have to gotalk to mike steele an see if he had heard anything he might know maybe.

6. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im not so sure. He was an old guy in coveralls. I met the guy who works in the tackle shop but had never met this guy before so i assumed he was the owner. But now that you mention it i do think his name was john. I dunno about putting it down as a flathead lake BUT i do believe me and you need to try it out more next year. I hear of em being caught but mostly all on accident. Maybe we should try to catch a few and see what happens...what ya think?

7. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a plan to me!