? rules on 1 fish for Badin Lake ? [ASAP ]

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Jollymon, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    How will the 1 fish on Badin effect a tourney , i was thinking a 2 fish per person limit to weigh in alive ,so would this rule keep you from being able to bring 2 over the limit in to weigh an release or not . Just trying to make sure i don,t get anyone in trouble for a fun tourney .Please some of you that fish this area let me know asap :confused2:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    The NC Wildlife fishing Reg's state that you can have one blue cat per person per day over 32". If you have two people in the boat that would be two blues, three people three blues. Most tournaments on Badin and Norman are set at a two fish limit. But, there has to be at least two people in the boat.

3. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Mac thanks for the reply that's the way i thought it would be just trying to make sure . You could have a 2fish per person limit with 1 over 32in correct? The length limit only pertains to blue cats or any catfish ? Sorry for keep asking question just not sure on the rules up there ,an don,t want to be breaking no laws .

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  4. James Bentley

James Bentley Member

State:
    N.C.
    Goto pg.#29 in the Regulations Digest top right hand side it will tell .:wink:

5. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Eddie thanks for the page # saved me a lot of looking an reading :cool2:

6. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Alot of tournamnets have gone to a 2 fish (if 2 people are in the boat) limit over 32" for any species. (Makes it real hard for the solo guy to compete) That way one person cant bring in 5 flatheads over 32" and the other only allowed to have 1 blue over 32". As for the law, you cant posess over 1 32" blue per person even if you are going to release the others

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Jolly.....WHO is coming to the gathering that can catch more than ONE blue over 32"? Maybe Jerry. He's familiar with Badin. He's also a conservationist....you don't have a whole lot to worry about on Friday, but SATURDAY? Look out. :smile2::wink:

8. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Heck Tanya just trying to make sure in case I did :wink::smile2: ,but to be legal i guess i could catch one 50 lber an enter/ weigh it then release it an could go back an get me another biggun :wink: IN MY DREAMS

9. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    nothing wrong with a 50 lb blue and a 50 lb flathead. or 2 50 lb flatheads for that matter.

I havnt caught anything worth wild latly, yall have nothing to worry about there.

however...weather shaping up to be a good one. better bring your game face.