Ruko Knifes

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Apr 28, 2009.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am currious bout thoughts on RUKO KNIFES ...anyone else have one and using it....I got a non folding rukko from our local farm store fer bout 25 bucks and I have a very hard time keeping a user knife...if I dont like it it will end up in my knife drawer or????..
    this particular one I have has realey impressed me I have been cutting wire - to fish and it has held very well as a decent user knife..It started to get dull and I ran a still over it and the nicks and blade was back to way good with little or no effort ...I thought I would pass this on because a good knife is sometimes hard to come by...been a very long time since I have found a knife that is of this stature and price range ...I am gonna go get a couple more there knifes comming up and test them ....would like to hear what any of you think ...I am way hard on tools/knifes so qualitey is hard pressed less ya spend a fortune!

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've never heard of this brand of knifes,but would really like to learn more. I agree totally when it comes to fishin ya need a good quality knife.:cool2:

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Can't say I've heard of that brand either, but I have to agree about a couple of good knives for fishing.

My main knife was handed down to me from my grandfather. It is a plain, bloodstained, carbon-steel fixed blade knife in the original leather sheath--his fishing knife for about seventy of his ninety years. There are a whole lot of knives out there with new-fangled laser-sharpened edges and so forth, but nothing cuts as well as this ol' knife in my opinion. I can sharpen it in a few minutes until it can provide a decent shave and haircut.

Besides, I feel an electric-like, heritage shock run up my arm every time I use it. :wink:

4. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    I just looked at their site. They seem to make nice looking knifes, they claim to have since 1956. They also say that they have 2,500+ different models. Not many companies offer 512 layer damascus for under $500.

My personal favorite knife is a Russell Green River "Dadley" knife made from 1095 carbon steel. SUPER Sharp (razor), holds an edge extremely well, and sharpens up real easy.

5. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    sounds good bro they got any folders?

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yea Toon and they look decent too....they have several different ones the one I have is a 0100 I am gonna buy another one comming up..a folding one..the one I have isnt though...hey and I aint sayn its the best knife I have ever had I am just impressed with the one I got.... its provin to be a nice knife and holding up well....I torture tools I am real bad this thing might be a screwdriver in one minute and a wire cutter the next...so we dont keep em long (LOL) been hackin thru fish bones-wire uh cut rags... myself :eek:oooh:sharpened it 1 time in a month and used everyday fer something I should or shouldnt and still a razor...kind of impressed me (LOL)

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I got the 10inch ultra-thin bone-handle fillet knife....it will hold an edge & takes a sharpening real-nice...They sell them at Atwoods farm & ranch store:smile2: