Ruger Single six

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by 223reload, May 2, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have had mine since 1980 and its been a great shooter,It is the 9" bbl model,I used to shoot jackrabbits at 100 yards with the magnun cylinder,Cant do that anymore just got out of practice ,But its still a great gun.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I had two before the d... thieves got to them. Paid $67.00 each brand new when I got them. When they were stolen, the insurance company based their value at that price and offered me something like 35.00 for both. I( told them to stick it... I lost a .44 magnum, a .41 caliber and a .357 magnum and a Remington 742 BDL in .308 cal at the same time. My firearms may not have been much, but they were mine. Insurance actually offered me something like ten cents on the dollar. I sure would like to line those thieves up in from of my .357 or shotgun... they'd never steal again.

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    My first handgun was a Single action Ruger w/ 6 1/2" bbl. in .357. I still have it. I bought it new in 1973.
    If you're referring to a .22 cal, I've used them some, and have known others that absolutely Love them..
    If the price is right,, I'd say ,, you can't go wrong.
    Mine has served me very well, and continues to do so!!

4. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I think 200 is a good price if its in decent shape. Be sure to get the magnum
    cylinder if he has it.

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I love mine very accurate and i like having the 22 mag cylinder to use if i want it as well,great gun.

6. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My first handgun was a single six. It had the 9 inch barrel and was a blast to shoot and very accurate. Had to sacrifice it for a bigger revolver when starting my L.E. career, been wanting one since. If you don't want it, I'll take it, LOL!

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have one 9 inch 22/22mag and your right having the 22mag cylinder makes it even better. I think I paid 165.00 for mine in 1992.
    smokey

8. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    I have one and love it for shooting targets and plunking.
    Mines a 6.5" er. :smile2:

9. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    As with any 22 rimfire/22mag the barrel is going to be .224 diameter for the 22 magnum .224 diameter round round the rimfire is smaller (.218-.22) and accuracy will suffer with the harder lead bullets. The soft lead 22 rimfire bullets will deform enough to gain engagement in the rifling and may do well. bought my uncle a tool that makes 22 rimfire more standard in size and it made a very big difference in how the 22 shot. His results were better than the ones they advertise.
    http://www.gunblast.com/Paco.htm
    He has had his for MANy years and wears it on his side from the end of hunting season until the beginning of the next season, during hunting he wears it or his 41 magnum blackhawk.

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    got mine in 1968 still works fine and i like it.i wouldnt take 200 for mine.i to got the 6 1/2 inch barrel.

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    It's a great gun and as stated by several a very accurate pistol. I shoot rat shot through the magnum cylinder when i'm frog gigging or wade fishing the creeks around the house to thin out the snake population. Great gun to shoot and plink around with, sounds like a good price if it's been taken care of and is in great shape.

12. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    My Mother and Dad gave me mine two years ago for Christmas. My son saw me looking at it in the gunshop and told them it was what I wanted. I'm glad he did. It's a great gun.