Ruger service

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by jsharper, Jan 12, 2009.

1. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    My LCP showed up on ruger recall. I filled out a form on the website and received a shipping box. Called ruger at the number they gave and UPS picked it up the next day. They say about two weeks, but mine went out right before Christmas and was back in 9 days with a free clip and cap. I think that is great service on the holidays.

Jim

2. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Thats good to hear. I have two Rugers but they never required service. Its always nice to have good support.

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have dealt with ruger 3 times, and each was as you described. it should be noted that all three were my fault- the first, i didn't know about flanged recoil springs and reassembled the pistol wrong. the second two was shooting handloads and broke the ejector rod shroud screw from the recoil. even after i explained the problems were my fault, they didn't charge me a thing, when shooting handloads supposedly voids the warranty. in my experience, ruger stands by their stuff!

4. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I had the same experience as you Jim when I sent them back my LCP because of the recall. They have some great customer service thats for sure.

5. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I have 2 Ruger pistols. Never had any problems out of either one. I have a P90 DC .45 ACP, and a GP 100 .357 Mag.