"Ruger Mini-14,a .53 caliber"? Hmmmm?

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by peewee williams, Aug 1, 2007.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    John Torres a special agent with the Bureau of Alcohol,Tobacco,Firearms and Explosives was shown holding a " Ruger Mini-14,a .53 caliber semiautomatic rifle" on a news conference today in California.Something new or a typical government expert?Does he know something that I don:t? I sure would like to see who was shooting a .53 cal.semiautomatic with no mount.Rambo!Angelina Jolie! Eat your heart out,you wimps!I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As far as I know, a Ruger Mini 14 is a 5.56mm, or .22 caliber. I'm sure you all know that, so I'll shut up.:smile2: Gonna google search it to see what's up though.

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is a 90/53 Italian anti-aircraft gun used during WWII, AND blowgun ammo is coicidentally .53 FYI!:tounge_out:

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yea,but that Italian 90/53 anti-aircraft gun was a 3.54331 inch long X 2.08661 inch diameter shell the way we measure things.Perhaps it has been modified to shoot blowgun ammo?You can always trust the news,government experts,SPCA and PETA for the truth.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Pee Wee, it's just typical media trying to use big words that they have no idea what the meaning is. Their only weapons training is watching rambo movies!