Ruger 10/22

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by flannelman, Mar 2, 2006.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

who here owns one of the best guns ever made, the Ruger 10/22? feel free to share pictures.

2. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    I have a Ruger 10/22 Stainless that I've had for years. It's probably one of the best rifles I think I've ever had so far.

3. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    I own one and it's my favorite way of chasing bushytails!

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I don't own one yet, but it's in my plans! :)

Eric

5. GrainDrain

GrainDrain New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ya I have one, it was my first rifle, it was given to me by my granddad. I love that thing. I use it for rabbits and praire dogs mostly and some coyotes.

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    yea, got it back in the 60,s when they first came out. i think it was 54 bucks at woolworths.

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive got one of the plain ordinary ones. Only use it for plinking though.

8. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I have a stainless 10/22 with a 30 round clip and a 3x9 scope. Its a pretty solid gun.

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have been lucky enough to own two stainless steel models.One regular with the laminated stock,and one of the heavy barrel target models.Both are nice looking guns.That target with the twisted hex shaped barrel,is truely a beauty.peewee-williams

10. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

State:
    IL
    Exact same here...except it is a stainless carbine and it was 'rabbits and squirrels mostly with some coyotes'.

11. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish Member

State:
    Indianapolis, I
    One of my favorite guns, I could shoot my 10/22 all day long !

12. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Bought mine back in the mid 70's. It has had many thousands of rounds through it and works like the day it was new!

13. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    great little gun.i have had a few of them.marlin also makes a good little 22

14. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    that old 10/22 goes with me every time i go out shooting or hunting. I'm sitting here thinken I must have more then 50,000 rounds threw it and never had a problem. think i got it in 1979. Also have it's look a like big brother 44 carbine (44mag)

15. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I've got one and it's by far my favorite gun. I have shot a lot of coons w/ that old gun and it still works great, anybody that does any coon hunting knows how hard it's on a gun.

16. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ive owned a couple of those little rifles and still own a stainless rifle with a green laminated stock.Im not a big fan while accurate enough out of the box to hunt with it aint nothing special I think the draw is alll the aftermarket parts for it .There not built for big men like me stock is tooo short ther about as comfortable as holding a 2x4 .Now that being said I love ruger firearms I own a couple of handguns by ruger single actions and a .357 gp 100 built like a tank .My rifle of choice in .22 rimfire is the marlin 925 .accurate out of the box reliable bolt action and adult stock .But they are a ton of aftermarket parts to really make those little rifles sing ! The chevy team challenge mainly uses them for competition

17. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have one! All my freinds had them when we were younger and most of them still do! So I figured they must be as good as I have heard. So I bought one 5 yrs ago and planning on buying my son one next yr.

18. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    i have the stainless international model, green laminate stock goes to the end of the barrel. it's pretty, but seems very heavy for a 22. good shooter. but all of them that i have shot could really use a good trigger job. seven pounds of pull is way to heavy for accuracy. after market trigger and sear will get them down to a pound and a half. all in all a great little gun.

19. Whitelightnin

Whitelightnin New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have several. They are great guns.