Rude People at Dover Ballpark

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by Wyndigo, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    Ok normally I'm a calm,quiet guy but today I need to vent :cursing:

I was fishing down at dover ballpark today when 3 trucks drove up behind me
    one started backing up with a small boat on a trailer, no one said "hey the park makes us do this etc etc.." they backed the boat down to the water and proceeded to put a rope across the lake,while My lines were out in the water! :mad: :mad: one guy says.. you after catfish? I looked and said, yeah I WAS .. I packed my gear up and left :cursing:
    What ever happened to common courtesy? would it have been so hard for one of the three to have said BEFORE backing the boat in that they had to do so because of park rules?
    Ok I vented enough

Alan

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Alan, I agree with ya, but not sure what you mean by "park rules". You weren't fishin' at the boat ramp, were ya ? Why were they puttin' a rope across the lake ?

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Yup,I'm a little confused also :confused: :confused: ,But then again,thats normal for me.

4. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i know what alan is talking i fish there myself so maybe i can clear things up?dover park does not have a boat ramp and these guys put there boat in right where alan was fishing now on certain weekends they run r.c. boats at one end of the lake so for a barrier they set this floating rope across the lake.and alan is right there are rude and i have had my run in with them before except i express myself with a few unapropriate words and dang near ended up getting kicked outta the park...lol.. :rolleyes: i hope this helps explain what aln was getting at...

5. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sir, we appoligize for the intrusion, we are with the park service /RC boat club and have to place a barrier accross this portion of the lake. We will be out of your way as quick possible. Again we are sorry for the intrusion.
    In less than 30 seconds they could have explained what was going on in a polite manner, and things would have been differant on both occassions.
    I would have been pissed too.

Don't like rudeness, won't tolerate it. Woodrow Call

6. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    yep thats all that they would have needed to say, thing is, I use to race rc trucks and none of the group I raced with would behave that way. sorry for the misunderstanding of the post, and thanks for clearing it up John :) I just needed to vent my frustrations yesterday, even worse ... the fish were biting there :crying: oh well, they'll be there another day :D

Alan

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    yea there is rude people in fishing rc boating etc no matter what the hobby or sport. i fish i fly rc planes run rc trucks and boats also. if the rc boat club has a area desinated by the park servicer that they have to use for thier boats thats fine but i agree the guys that were stringing the rope should of been nice and told alan what was going on. catch more flys with honey then with vinegar

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Things like this is why I prefer remote areas to fish, even if I have to walk a long way.

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Same here man.

Zakk :)

10. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Now, I understand whats going on. Why do these guys have a right to block off part of the lake ? Isn't it open to everyone ? Maybe the park should let others know that RC Boat racing is gonna be takin' place. That way, Alan could of picked a different place to fish. I would have had to ask for my money back from the park guy (if you have to pay to enter). It's rude asses like those guys that give a bad rep. to everyone involved in a sport of anykind.
    Thanks for clearing this up for us.

11. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    i dont think i could have taken them acting like that to lightly. we would have had a understanding about what was going on real quick. just like a while back i was fishing at the barge on lake lewisville when a guy came around with a castnet asked me if i was doin any good and the threw his net right in the area i was fishing all becuase he wanted to get under the light where the shad was? well i informed him that there was many other lights to try under he understood and tried to say he was sorry and all....some people just dont think about others :cursing:

12. Wyndigo

Wyndigo New Member

State:
    gone
    Thanks for all the replys everyone, glad that I'm not the only one that feels like this about being "invaded" it's happened before while fishing at the skyway pier and its got enough room that there is no need in someone doing this.
    Maybe I'm just too nice at times and dont say what I'm feeling like saying
    oh well :) maybe next time I should just send someone swimming lol

Alan

13. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    gotta agree with james here, if someone backed a truck down by me and threw anything in the water where I was fishing...well.....let's just say game on!

egg

14. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Egg nobody would ever do that cause no one can get close enuff to ya cause of the stentch! LOL. Of course I'm talking about that liver you use as bait. Just toss a treble at them and they would run.

15. leesblue

leesblue New Member

State:
    florida
    well ive been tryin to get on here to reply for a couple days. Hate to hear about those rude people.Anyway big countrey been fishing the resivour for years but last three or four times didnt do no good then thursday night i went out ther about 5:eek:opm and got set up about 5:30 they started tearing it up out there off the bridge stayedtill 8:00 left with 7 none under 3lbs. going to be getting boat soon so if you have any recommended place for boat fishing would appricate advice. primo blood bait is the ticket to. Want to try dover ballfield just wondering how big they get in ther. Hopeing to make it to the rodeo . Any replies are welcomed

16. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i went to the resivoir last nite to catch some specks but caught one nice channel cat about4 pounds....
    as fatr as the ball park goes my sister in law caught a 15 pounder out of there on my pole (dang the luck)...lol
    what area you live in leesblues?

17. leesblue

leesblue New Member

State:
    florida
    i live in lakeland on griffin road but cant find any good spots over this way

18. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    what about lake parker,sadle creek,teneroc,lake alfred just to name a few...lol

19. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    well it's glad to have some more locals on here so welcome lee i'm sure you'll like this place we do also cheeck out the where i fish.com site over to the right of the screen you would like that site it is one of the sponsors of the boc ....

20. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    by the way how did you find out about the boc?
    was it a flyer at the bait shop