Rude Is As Rude Does

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Aug 20, 2006.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i know its been said before , but here goes last night me and skipjack found a spot to catch skippies , you all know thats rare on the ohio river round madison . so we anchord just outside where the bait was running and casted up river into the fish we caught bout 20 6" skippies before another boat pulled up , and respectfully asked if they could join in and if it was alright for them to fish the same spot , we agreed long as they stayed back so as not too set boat on top of the bait , they agreed and were catching skips as well . THEN outa no where comes this guy and his two kids pulls right up between our two boats directly over the bait blocks us and the other boat off scares the bait plumb outa the area yells hes gettin bait . now i ask you my fellow BOC family is this guy teaching his kids to be rude or what? did he just not have any common sence or decency just do as he pleases and to heck with others . there was plenty of room off to either side to set up and share in the taking of bait but this guy had to block everyone off for his own benefit even tho i doubt it worked . didnt stop us we had our bait and left but could have had enuf to fish all night .

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    They are teaching their kids to not be decent and respect people space. you may not own the water, but it's just a coutesy to not fish right on top of somebody else.

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Yeah, its been said before, but it keeps on happening. It happens to me every now and then, on the river. That guy has another thing coming if he messes with the wrong person, too... whether it be fishin' or walkin' down the street. And like you said, DEFINATELY not a good example for his kids... Kinda makes you have a serious doubt about some people and their lack of inteligence (not so sure I spelled that right...:tounge_out:) Well, Chuck, glad you were curtious enough to let the other boat in. And that's teaching whoever you fish with, curtousy, as well. So, rep to ya!

-Red

4. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    You cant give people common sense, either. The third guy that showed up, that's when I would have turned my hat around backwards and drifted towards him with some stink bait smeared either on an old towel, or smear it on my disposable hat. Then I'd play 1001 questions with him until he got annoyed and left well enough alone.

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If not for the Kids i would have went irrate... I would just get a big marker and anchor it away from you to make boats stay out of the area your fishing.. if they ask say shallow there or its a marker for a newly sunken barge....

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Charles, you did not kick his butt?? Man, you are getting mild in your old age. LMAO

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Maybe it would have been a good lesson for those kids!!! They would know that daddy is not always right. If daddy don't teach them respect, someone else should!!! And they would also learn to respect the people around them when fish, cause that day would stick in their minds for a long time!!!!

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    if not for his two kids in the boat id a pulled up and boarded his ship with heaviest rod in hand and whooped the tar outa him like he deserved , but seriousely the guy deffinatly deserved a talking too bout right and wrong , maybe i should have pulled long side and passed him a BOC business card so he could read my rants huh?

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    now jw how would you feel if i or someone else belittled you in front of your kids , i try to respect people even rude ones

10. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N

I honestley must comment, the bigger man preveiled. You chose not to make an issue, especially when their are children involved. Maybe some day you will meet him outside the local bait shop, or gas station, and have a conversation about proper etiquate (sp?) when it comes to fishing on top of someone.

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Not only was he rude it showed that he thought the world was all about him (self centered) The idea of handling a BOC card was great some people think thay can get by with any thing:big_smile:

12. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    With that being said, what kind of example is this idiot setting for his kids? What if your kids would have been on your boat? I believe in the turn the other cheek, but, I believe in expressing myself as well. Granted you did the more mature thing. But, maybe the fool did not know he was "fish" blocking. Stanger things have happened.

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I commend you for your restraint, Chuck!!!
    If I am wrong, I am wrong, Let me know the error of my ways. So that I may teach my children the proper ways of respect of others. Some adults are no more than children themselves these days!!! Not that I would have done what he did, but wrong is wrong no matter who it was.

14. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    BRO-in-law, I'm proud of you for holding your tongue. I bet it was HARD though. Your getting wiser in your OLD age:big_smile:

15. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Some poeple just don't get it, the world does not revolve around us we revolve around with it. You showed great restraint in front of the children and I for one agree with your reaction of not wanting to get into it in front of the kids. Maybe you will see him on the water agian and will be able to return the favor.

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I doubt if that would work with people like that. I put out an 18"x18" SCUBA flag when I'm diving and people fly right by it or over it in their boats. My brother's best friend was killed by a boat that ignored his flag and just kept on going.
    I think JW is right. You could have schooled him without belittleing him in front of the kids. Maybe the kids could have used a lecture on invading someone elses fishing hole from someone other than their inconsiderate Dad. I'm not saying you should have whooped up on him but I think it would serve him right to pull along side and tell him that he screwed it up for everyone, not just himself.

17. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Wow, Billie, this is a sobering lesson on being careful out there on the lakes and rivers. Respecting other's space is certainly a lesson we all must take seriously--we could even save a life doing so!

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    your right he was RUDE! Nice job on keeping your cool in front of his kids. People like that just have no scentsor manners!
    Bill