Rubber worms + Cutbait.

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by tomcat85, Sep 25, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    so i have this catfishing book and it tells you everything about catfishing. It had this one pointer that says if you put like a piece of colored worm on the hook with your cutbait it excites the catfish b/c they see in color i thought this was pretty cool. does anyone do this and if so does it work?

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    anyone heard of this?

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    never heard of it myself, but well worth a try

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A person learns somethin new everyday.This is a pointer I have never heard.Are they meaning colored Bass worms? Or Using food coloring to dye the nightcrawlwers.I have never tried that on night crawlers now you have me curious!:roll_eyes: pk powell

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    haha color bass worms sorry i did not specify.

6. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Me and my son were catfishin one day, he was diggin in the tackle box and put on a plastic worm on his hook by its self, I said SON you aint never gonna catch a catfish off of that plastic worm! And about 2 minutes later I had to eat my words ! I could not believe it, he sat there with that worm and caught 4 channel cats in about 30 minutes, it was the darndest thing i ever seen !

7. Crayzie

Crayzie New Member

State:
    Portsmouth, Ohio
    Reminds me of something I had seen in one of my brother's fishing books.. I think it was in a Walleye fishing section, but it says to use the cylinder section of a plastic grub on a jig, even when using live bait, such as a minnow.. Im yet to try it out though..

8. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks, it seems to be worth a try...or two :eek:oooh: