Rubber Nets

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Oct 10, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :confused2: I"m thinking about getting a new net. was thinking onthe lines of the rubber nets they make now. Does anyone have one? Are they any good ?And do you think they are over priced? Cheapest I have found was at Wally World . I believe the price is 29.95 or in that ball park anyway. Just sort of wondering what you all thought of them. Will they last any longer than reg nets. I know thats a lot of questions.

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    never heard of 'em John - give us a product review

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I to have thought long and hard about gettin one. Just two things that has stopped me. Can't find a deep one. Also I wonder if the rubber will take the beatin from catfish spines.

4. rachelb

rachelb New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i dont think rubber net is good idea it dont catch fish

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i dont have one but i do have soom insight that might help .
    rubber dry rots repeated wetness may help in the process or may not , also like george said they are shallow .
    i have a net i payed $32. for at dicks sporting goods iv used it for 6 months i bought one for my brother two years ago his is still good and we have caught a lot of fish as you all know . i highly recomend this net it has an octagon extendable handle a 36" big hoop thats as big around as your thumb that is replaceable and a rope net thats also replaceable . this net is big enuff and strong enuff to pick up a man .

6. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    hay its been a while and i think that they are the best thing to use because the hooks dont get stuck in the net.i got a nilon string one or the ones you can get super cheap i think they are green.

hope this helps

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Phil,type in fish nets click on search ,scroll down to Fishing Nets

8. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I got a deep rubber one from BPS with an extendable handle, 24"-48". I think it works real well, the fish don't get hung up in it:smile2: .

It wasn't cheap, I can still read the price tag...$59.95 but you get what you pay for:wink:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Phil type in fish nets ,click on search.Scroll down to Fishing Nets and Gaff Hooks.click on that should bring up picture of a rubber net.and the company up in Wis.they aren't a bad looking net. The ones they are showing are suppose to be for bigger fish(like I catch big fish):roll_eyes: Hope this helps some.Have a good day.

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Easier way to bring up those nets are type in Dotline Mengo Ind Inc
    thats the name of the company who has them up in Wis. They have been in business since 1966.