Roving reporter

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Feb 15, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was flipping through the local rag today, and noticed a very annoying question presented by the roving reporter. The question was "What are your thoughts of city ordinances prohibiting the flying of the American Flag on private property?"

I am outraged even by just the question. Does any of you live in a town where flying the flag is PROHIBITED on private property? If so, or not, can anybody please shed some light on why in the world a town would even consider passing such an ordinance? Is it a respect issue like from not raising and lowering it every day, or is it some other type of BS?

I have never heard of such a thing.

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I do not live in a town where that would be a problem if I did the city would have a whole set of new leaders if there was any way I could that reporter needs to be told to find a new job for asking that question in my opion

3. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Sounds like that reporter was trying to get a fuss started to get people to buy his newspaper or watch his news channel.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    its time to be movin on

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Try and stop me! If ya do it do it properly.

6. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah. What you all said. Kinda wondered if anyone has ever heard of this actually being the case. I never have.

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats bad but thats what this world is coming to , first they ban the rebel flag then the rest fallow suit , next they will say the U.S. is the wrong name and change it to U.C.A. united countries of america

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    That reporter needs to get a life! Try and take my American flag, I dare you!
    Bill

9. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    It's not the reporter. I'm sure he's talking about something that has happened elsewhere, and trying to bring it to the public's attention. I'm gonna try and do some digging on this one later, and find the source.

10. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    They will have to kill me before I would stop flying my flags.