Router value

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by CountryHart, Jun 14, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I bought a Skil router table with a plunge router on it thats practically new, 6 bank rod holders and a new camp axe for $40 at a yard sale. Did they sjin me too bad?:crazy:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Any plunge router with a table is worth 40 bucks. I paid about 350 for mine and its small but well built. Sounds a little expensive but I use it almost daily.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I do believe you found a acorn said the blind squirrel.

4. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    John, I think you made out like a champ buddy, way to go.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like a good deal Country!

I have a question also, Wife picked me up a craftsman 2 1/2 hp router and table and a box with 30 different cutters/bits, from a local 2nd hand/resale store.... my question is, the reason it was new I found out the collar that adjust the depth will not hold position (doesn't lock down) i have sent an email to Craftsman but no reply, makes me mad as it is brand new(as thats what this particular store deals in, scratch and dent type stuff) but pretty much unusable as you can not set any depth. Do any of you know if they (craftsman) can/will fix this thing, my closest store is to far of a drive just to ask, and when I called them they are the ones that gave me the email to ask on??? I had to act like I haven't needed to use it yet as not to let momma now it was broken :wink:. I know the box of cutters/bits are worth 5 times what she gave for everything, so I think it is worth a part or two? Thanks!

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Randy, my experience with Craftman tools is I LIKE EM, and never had any issues on repair or exchange.

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Thanks John, all my mechanics tools have always been craftsman, not to many of there "power" tools..... any way like i said, the price was right so I will figure something, wish they would just answer me, LOL. Called the 800 number and played 'tag' for 20 minutes, so just hung up.:eek:oooh: :smile2: I have walked in with several Bleeding knuckles and busted tools, to toss on the counter and no questions asked, but wasn't real sure what to do with a power tool....... No real big deal, neighbor cross the field has a nice wood shop with an open invite for any time so I am not hurting to bad :wink: Just was a wandering if anyone could give me the scoop.... Thanks again, I'll just go fishing! :big_smile: and worry about it this fall, AFTER HUNTING :smile2:

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    randy some of the craftsman routers are tricky on adjustment . i would look it over real good and see if the locking mechanisim is not out of adjustment.we have one in the shop and i was ready to give it the slam dunk when i finally figured out it had 2 locking mechanisims instead of one. hope this helps

9. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Randy, the best I can remember the Craftsman router has a piece about 3/8 inch thick X 1/2 inch wide and about 2 1/2 inches long that fits in a slot. If that piece is missing it will not lock. I may be wrong about that as it has been a bunch of years since I have had a Craftsman router. Craftsman is a strong router and will hold up pretty good so I would sure get them to fix it. They were always good at standing behind anything they sell so I am sure they will take care of it for you.

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Sounds like you made out like a bandit!!!!!!!!

11. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    John,

This is a real good source of woodworking supplies www.woodcraft. com and there Whiteside bits are real good for trhe price. Is that a durl chuke 1/2 and 1/4 ?