Roundhill Nails 'em on Lake XYZ & abcde

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, Dec 8, 2007.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Caught up with JK888 and Roundhill for breakfast after a long drive early this morning, then Roundhill and I headed out for some fishing on the 'secret' lake. I knew I was in trouble when he insisted on paying for our breakfast's, but little did I know I would spend the rest of the day as 1st mate on the Team BlueCat. We started out by catching a few smaller cats, but as we got a little shallower, we (he) started to do a little better. Ended up releasing a 35#, 43#, and a 54#, and kept a dozen or so under 20lbs. for the freezer. Next time I plan to be a little quicker to get to those rods when they go down. He insisted that the port side was mine, but all the big ones were biting to starboard. He managed to get speared on top of his foot by the 35#'er, so maybe I can beat him to the punch next trip, if he's still on crutches. :wink:
    Seriously, a great day. Water temp at 58 or so, almost no wind (would have preferred just a little more breeze), air temps around 75.... Super Day on XYZ! Wish you could have gone with us Jim. Nice to see you again, though.

Attached Files:

2. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Sounds like a real good day on the water. Nice looking cats.

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I am hoping it wasn't LKN or we are in trouble tomorrow.

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    wow...what an awesome stringer y'all...congrats!!:big_smile:

5. WillyMan

WillyMan New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Now thats a good day of fishing!:big_smile:

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrads fellows. Team Bluecats got it going on!:wink: I've got to get over to XYZ man. Those are some great cats. Thanks for the Pics.

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Rodger, I think that thorn in the top of his foot may slow him down tomorrow. If he shows up, someone will have to help him get around. :wink: Y'all should be ok. :smile2:

8. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    thanks for the report Tommy,those are some nice hawgs,was a great day to be on the water,the #3 catman definately has it going on,great pics also:wink:

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, Tommy & Roundhill - you guys hit the jackpot today :big_smile:

10. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Man that is a nice 54#er. They don't come everyday! Congratulations and I hope you got all that big fish catching outta your system.:smile2:

11. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Dang I was hoping nobody would find Lake XYZ.:eek:oooh:

Thats what I call a true golden smackdown, Roundhill style.

Glad to see you back out on the water and actually being able to fish to Tommy.

12. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Tough pulling in them anchors on The Team Bluecat Tritoon isnt Tommy.LOL Gotta love fishin with roundhill he is an excellent catman and will keep you laughing the whole time you are catching fish. I reckon I am going to have to hook up with him as soon as I get a day off again.

13. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Yes, I had the privilege of going out with Roundhill Friday. He caught three fish and I hadn't caught any, and he was riding me pretty hard. Well my rod finally loaded up as I was reeling the fish in Roundhill grab the net and was going to net him for me, still commenting about me being skunked. As the fish got to the boat I would almost bet that Roundhill took the net and knocked the fish off my hook just so he could keep me skunked. LOL

I finally caught a fish it was a lifter so I didn't need a net. After that I wasn't skunked he netted in a respectaful way from then on.

We did have strange things happen to us though our rods would load up like normal but the fish would get off. If we had caught all the fish that we missed we would have caught a lot of fish. We even checked to make sure the hooks were sharp. We did catch a lot of fish just not as big as him and Tommy caught.

Ron and I are going to James River to fish with Capt.Hugh Friday maybe that will be my big fish day.

We had a good time on the water anyway.

Tommy, enjoyed seeing you again also sorry I didn't get to go out with you guys. I guess it was fun to call me on the phone everytime you and Ron caught a big fish and say "Jim you should have went with us we just caught a 42 lber" and than call and say "Jim we just caught a 54 lber." You guys really know how to hurt a guy. Seriously I am glad you and Ron had a big catfishing day on Lake XYZ.

Jim

14. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Ron sorry you got finned by that big catfish. I hope it does not cause you problems.

Jim

15. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Ron you take care of that foot. Catfish fins can be tough to cure.

16. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Nice catch of fish guys.Ron nothing like big cat battle wounds. You have to catch them to get them:smile2:

17. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Great post, looks like you two had a good time, thanks for the pic's.
    Ron I hope your foot gets better :big_smile_2: I know it had to hurt :ah: !!!!

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Looks like ya did a fine job as mate. LOL! Nettin is a key job on a good trip. Thanx for sharein.

19. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I want to thank you Blackwaterkatz for fishing the side without the big fish. Because of that he got that fin in his foot and was unable to fish the club tournament on Norman. That enabled us to finish high enough to win the points championship!! :smile2:

Thanks!!! :wink:

20. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations guy's, sounds like a fun day on the water. Thanks for sharing the story and pics.