roundhill fishing report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by roundhill, Oct 17, 2008.

1. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    this will be an ongoing post updated as often as i fish was challenged by catfish1 for more info an gladly will reply i fished today from 8.30am to 1pm caught 8 fish from 8lb to 20lb fillet all of them yum yum will be fishing blackwatercats in the morning i used froze skip jack for bait all fish were caught in 8 to 15ft of water if i can help in any other way just ask or if you need instructions give me a call i work cheep. the roundhill

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thanks for the report Roundhill.:big_smile: You da man when it comes to big mean blues on Santee:wink:.

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Thanks for the report, Ron. Your wife gonna make one of her delicious pies when you fry up those fish?:big_smile:

4. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Thanks for the report Ron! Good luck!

5. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    did not fish Saturday at 5am it was raining an 20mph wind decided to sleep in called Tommy wused out going back tomorrow till Sunday will be giving updated fishing reports trying to get my buddy capt Jim to add to these reports maybe he will from time to time see you on the water roundhill

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    If we can get Capt Jim and Capt Roundhill reports I wont never have to look for fish again.:wink:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Reports sound good Roundhill. I look forward to reading them. Good luck with the fishing

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Ron will you be down this weekend?Son,grandson and I will be at Canal lakes Fri-Sun.I also have a bottle of JB Black that needs a home!!!!!:smile2:

9. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    Jim i will be there all wk i have a party on friday i am using canal lakes ramp at this time i moved from blacks up the street a few mi see you down there the roundhill

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    OK dude stop in for breakfast Sat am.We would be honored to fish a few hours with the master if you are not previously engaged.My son and grandson volunteer to toss drift socks,husltle bait or pull anchor while us old guys grade their performance and perhaps sample JBs finest!!!!!

11. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    LAKE MOULTRIE-
    420 AM EDT WED OCT 22 2008
    .TODAY...NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS. WAVES 1 FOOT.
    .TONIGHT...NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 15 TO 20 KNOTS. WAVES 1 TO 2 FEET.
    .THURSDAY...NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 20 KNOTS. WAVES 1 TO 2 FEET.
    .THURSDAY NIGHT...NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 20 KNOTS. WAVES 1 TO
    2 FEET.
    .FRIDAY...EAST WINDS AROUND 20 KNOTS. WAVES 1 TO 2 FEET.
    WATER TEMPERATURE IN THE REDIVERSION CANAL...70 DEGREES.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...pe=3&site=chs&CiTemplate=1&map.x=246&map.y=30

:roll_eyes:

12. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    tommy do you no if the ramp at bonenue is open thanks the roundhill

13. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Ron, I haven't launched from there in a couple of weeks. I know one of the guys launched a 20' skiff there today, but it may be a tight go for your boat by now. Don't know anyone to call this time of day to find out, either. I can let you know by tomorrow noon, if you like.
    Those N-E winds make for good drifting in that area, don't they?

14. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I launched a 24' pontoon there a couple weeks back, and the water's probably dropped 6" or so since then. You should still be able to get in there, but I'll follow up with you by phone tomorrow and see if I can give you a better answer.
    Fished a little on the Great Pee Dee today, plenty of muddy water there, but the bite was slow; only 3 blue catfish, no size to them.

15. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    If the weather man thinks he can discourage my trip and the chance to gain sme knowledge from roundhill he's got another thing coming.....lol

Looking forward to the trip on Friday and the opportunity to gain some knowledge on drifting. I still think I remember how to throw a drift sock out...lol

16. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    You guys should be ok.......regardless of what the weather report says......Im not hooking up to the boat this weekend

17. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good luck on your outing, Robbie. Hope everything works out well. I'll be somewhere in that area myself, but not on the lake.

18. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    the wind was ruff but capt Jim caught a lot of fish an some good size ones but i will let him give his report me an Robbie put it off till sat with a little help from my friend up above an the boc we can top his psb we will give a report we need some good vibes. the roundhill

19. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Went out on Lake Moultrie Wednesday and Thursday. Caught fish from 10 to 40 feet. Using cut Herring as bait biggest fish was 28 lbs. a lot 15 and 20 lbers. It was a little rough but not real bad. Fishing close to the East Dike
    Ron good luck Saturday.

Jim

20. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    took scwolf robbie an dad on a guided trip today we had a lot of fun an caught some fish i hope it was what they expected how an where we used some old skipjack these santee cats love it in shallow water some whear on lake moultrie call me up i work cheep the special is good for all boc the rest of the yr we love putting good friends a fellow boc on fish this could be a learning experience for anyone the roundhill