Roundhill and Pop Pop in Tenn.

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by pop pop, Feb 9, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Roundhill and I went to the Cumberland City fish and camp Thursday thru Sunday morning in Tenn. It was his 6th and my 1st . Next year you guys should try to attend. I met some super nice people there and made some new friends. We didn’t take a boat as the goal was to catch enough Skipjacks to last us thru the year, and catch’em we did.
    The evenings and nights where filled with fun and laughs as everyone flocked to our room for beverages. That’s right! late night beverage fest! The Cumberland River is a beautiful river. And some of the ones that catfished caught some in the 30 and 40 lb range. Next year Roundhill and I are going to assault this river for cats. At least we hope we do!

Attached Files:

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Glad yall had a good time and I hate I couldnt make it again this year. I will try to get there again next year. Those skippies are fun to catch arent they.:wink:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for filling us in, Doug. I'm happy to know you guys had a good trip and made it back safely. Plenty of bait to hold y'all for a while, too. Next year....CATFISH! :smile2:

4. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Glad yall guys had a good time and would like to attend one of these events if I can ever get time off.:cool2:

5. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Glad to hear you guys had a good time up at the old homeplace! Well, at least you got to TN. Now, has that "other" shade of orange started to grow on ya yet? :wink: You don't realize it, but you were in the ORANGE NATION!!!!

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Looks like y'all had a heap of fun!! I hope to make the Ga. gathering in April. Not sure yet.

Bill in SC

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Doug you are famous now!

You can say that you hung out with, "THE HILL".

I heard Adam and roundhill damaged up a bottle pretty good :wink:

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Nothin is growin on them cause I'm pretty sure they bathe regular like!:smile2:

I don't know about no oranges bein that ther Ten. state but they was in the "Toothless Nation" for sure!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Paul, I heard that "bottle" is now in rehab!!:eek:oooh::smile2:

9. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Oh no, we ain't toothless no more.....Took us a while to whittle those little bass-turds out, but we got 'em! Brand new warshtub and we take a bath every Saturday, whether we need it or not!!

I have to add though, a friend of mine in Clemson has been shootin' his neighbors chickens what get in his yard about every other day. Boy, that was a fun story to hear, about how he's been shootin' the hell out of Gamecocks for almost a week now. Some things in life are just more gratifying that others......:smile2::smile2:

10. narcdcso

narcdcso New Member

State:
    sc
    Has anyone here every fished Center Hill Lake in Tenn?

11. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Up near Lancaster and Smithville. Caney Fork runs into it. I know where it is, but never fished it. Check with the guys on the TN boards. They can tell you more about it.

12. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Yeah I know what you mean. I am gratified that Mrs. Sunbird lets me be the rooster at my house. I'm gratified I got a nice boat with a BIG Gamecock emblem on it! I'm gratified Mama encourages me to go to Gatherings and tournys all the time. I'm fairly certain I understand gratification!:wink:

13. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    It would have been easier if you'd just twisted the knife, pulled it out, and then rubbed salt in the wound.....Bite me.

14. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Sounds like my kind of time Doug! Thanks for the pictures and I am glad you loaded up on some skips.