Round Bobbers For Catfishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Wallbass, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was just wondering how many of you guys use Round Bobbers either fixed or slip? Also on Rivers?.....Jeff..:big_smile:

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Wallbass! Alot of times I use a bobber on a carolina rig to keep my bait off of the bottom. Normaly I use a styrofoam cigar bobber, but if all I have is a round one, I will use that. I use the round weighted styrofoam bobbers for crappie fishing. I don't much care for plastic bobbers because they get cracked too easy. I haven't used a slip bobber yet, but they are usually larger cigar shaped shaped bobbers. Gonna get me some real soon. You will learn tons on this site!!! Have fun.:big_smile:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC, Jeff. I like the cigar bobbers to, they much easier to see than the round ones.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff.

5. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    First off, welcome to the BOC. I never use round bobbers cause it seems like it's really hard for fish to take them under, so some fish spit the bait because they feel the resistance.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Jeff,
    ":0a27: with Adrina"
    Just imagine you being underwater & trying to pull a beach ball under there.

Now - you're trying to swim down to the bottom with that same beach ball.

you may have to let go of the beach ball to do so ("spiting out the bait").:wink:

Oh I forgot :shame:
    ":0a25: to the B.O.C. Buddy".

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

7. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Guys
    I usualy use a pole slip bobber,but thought it might be easier on the river with holding the bait up. Seems the cats never have a problem when Jug Fishin.....Thanks Jeff:)