Rough river lake crappie

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by on_the_fly, Sep 25, 2007.

1. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    cought my limit today on the lake, crappies were every where. although only a 1/3 were keepers I still got my limit out of that ( well gust shy of it 27) so total I proble cought 100 fish in about five hours. It was a good day. went through 4 doz minnows and were catching on a charchuseand with red head tube tiped with a charchuse crappie nibble.

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Leroy, if you don't mind telling what ramp were you launching out of. Or if that is too specific, were you on the main lake or a side branch. Vern

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hey vern I put in at north fork and run up in tuddels creek. fishing the outer most wood struckture from the banks( middle of lake) fishing 8 foot water and catching them in about 3 to 6 foot water. then went up into calamese creek in four foot water and was still getting um in the 3 foot range. going again in the morning , one of my wifes friends old man is wanting to go.

4. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Leroy, thanks for the reply. Good luck if you go and leave some for seed, I may get down that way soon. Vern

5. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hey vern didnt do much good at all today. water is too muddy after the rain only cought about 30 and only two were 9"s in the 6 hours we were out and didnt see anyone else doing any good. the spots I was fishing earlyer in the week are almost out of water now 1 and 2 foot, I think every one was having a hard time trying to locate them since they are pushed off most of the timber structure and the water being to murkey.