Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Rough river lake crappie

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  on_the_fly 
#1 ·
cought my limit today on the lake, crappies were every where. although only a 1/3 were keepers I still got my limit out of that ( well gust shy of it 27) so total I proble cought 100 fish in about five hours. It was a good day. went through 4 doz minnows and were catching on a charchuseand with red head tube tiped with a charchuse crappie nibble.

#2 ·
Leroy, if you don't mind telling what ramp were you launching out of. Or if that is too specific, were you on the main lake or a side branch. Vern

#3 ·
hey vern I put in at north fork and run up in tuddels creek. fishing the outer most wood struckture from the banks( middle of lake) fishing 8 foot water and catching them in about 3 to 6 foot water. then went up into calamese creek in four foot water and was still getting um in the 3 foot range. going again in the morning , one of my wifes friends old man is wanting to go.

#5 ·
hey vern didnt do much good at all today. water is too muddy after the rain only cought about 30 and only two were 9"s in the 6 hours we were out and didnt see anyone else doing any good. the spots I was fishing earlyer in the week are almost out of water now 1 and 2 foot, I think every one was having a hard time trying to locate them since they are pushed off most of the timber structure and the water being to murkey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.