Rough first day of April

Discussion in 'The BOC's Animal House' started by Dirtdobber, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Went out to check our dogs early yesterday morning and found our big male boxer dead still don't know what happened. We couldn't find anything wrong with him. Then yesterday afternoon our little house dog did something to her left hind leg and can't walk on it. Took her to the vet too and x-ray didn't show any thing. Hope it is just a pulled muscle. Got her a shot and medicine. Wife would not let me out of house today, said I would probably get hurt. I'll go check the pound this weekend see what they have to adopt.

2. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I got a red Doberman (fishin partner), love him to death, dont know what I would do without him. Hope your dog is alright.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    sorry to hear about your babies ,i know u will miss him, hope litlle one get better soon

4. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    The vet said it may have been pioson at killed my boxer. She is going to run some tests. Our house dog is scedualed for surgery on Monday in Tulsa. Had to rush her to the vets last night She got down in her back legs and couldn't get up. Bothknee caps were dislocated, she hit them on the edge of the steps on our front porch. Was a freak accident.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sorry to hear about the mishaps brother. Keep us posted. Semper-fi

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Not a good run of luck. hope everything turns around for the better.

7. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Took the pup to Tulsa today. She has torn ACLs in both knees. They will operate in the morning. We won't get her back until Thursday. Wife said a little while ago that the house seemed empty, I had just been thinking the same thing. You sure get attached to them.

8. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Called the vets today pup is up and walking a little. We get to pick her up tomorrow afternoon. Dr. said she was doing great, he didn't expect her to be walking for at least a week and she walked a little this morning.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jim sorry to hear of all your bad luck with the dogs. Hope the recovery goes fast and you adopt soon. I don't know what I would do without my Chihuahua.

10. shadchucker

shadchucker New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sorry to hear about the pups, had a lab that just passed, bestfishing buddy I ever had.

11. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Got the tests back on my Boxer. He wasn't poisoned, Vet said it may have been his heart.
    Little dog is doing good. She get the staples out next Tuesday. Will be hard to keep her still for the next 5 weeks.