Rough Day

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by catfishchris, Nov 28, 2008.

1. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    My brother is here from Atlanta and he wanted to go fishing. We decided to give it a try and put in on the Mississippi. Bait was easy to come by but the blues weren't! We fished for four hours and only caught four fish.

At least we got the chance to hang out. When we were younger, we used to give the catfish a hard time. I guess it is rough when you get old.:smile2:

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Congrats Chris. I'd say catching 4 fish was a job well done. Been out there this time of year and found myself with the Skunk more times than I can count. Nice you got to spend some time with him. Thanks for the story. Where did you find the fish? Any sort of pattern working?

3. catfishchris

State:
    missouri
    John, they were so few and far between I am afraid to call it a pattern. We were fishing the edges of the washout behind the wing dikes. We marked a lot of fish that seemed to be what we were looking for. They just had locked jaw.

4. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Way to go Chris not bad for a few hours. Any size to them?

5. catfishchris

State:
    missouri
    5-8 pounds

6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Thanks for sharing your story. I haven't caught a fish since Oct.:sad2:

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    20 or 30 lbs of fish in 4 hrs is not bad glad you could hang with your brother:big_smile:

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats, there is nothing better than getting out there with family and friends. I hope you have better luck on future trips

9. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    not that bad of a day fishing i've been totally skunked more days than i care to remember

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I fished at St. Charles yesterday Chris. I only got one blue about a pound and a half. Plenty of bait though. So you got to spend a day with your brother and catch a few fish. Not bad in my eyes. Just dont answer the phone when Dink calls

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Sounds like a good day to me.. Congrats Chris, that would,ve been just the right size for some nice fillets this time of year..

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I would have to agree with the others here Chris, sounds like a good day with your brother. I haven't caught a catfish in over 2 months.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yeah, but you might have caught..... Uhhhh, Nevermind :smile2: ROFLMAO x 1000000000000000000000000000.

14. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    ok there's a story here ---out with it

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I believe our beloved punkin was in Florida fishing for some of those two legged Warsaw Groupers that are famous for getting 400-500 pounds or bigger. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    well i didnt see any picts soooooo-- i guess its another fish story of the one that got away

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey Jer, you ACTUALLY got a medal? LMAO Now how did you go and get one of those? I'm gonna have to have a chat with Paul. :smile2:

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I think our old buddy Cuz has been hitting the sauce again. I was fishing for Goliath grouper and managed to catch a few of them. Now for the two legged coment I can only assume that he is reffering to a girl I was down there visiting.:roll_eyes: I see how it is buddy.

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    ROFLMAO. Lets get the Cuz Craft fired up this week. I've got the darn itch for some Blue Cattin Punkin. And afterwards, well let Grumper buy us some rounds at Biehl Street :wink:

20. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Sounds good to me buddy!