Rough Conditions today!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Bigmagic, May 11, 2006.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Well my wife was able to get her Federal tax ID online so I went out this morning to see if I could get started on the little sonar project that Jeff has me doing. I went out and caught a few shad(just in case I decided to fish too)and returned to the main channel to find the wind gusting over 20mph(the flags were fully extended) and the waves anywhere from 2ft to an occassional 3ftr.
    Needless to say I decided to scrap the project for today.

I heard the folks in Nashville were getting freezing rain(hard to imagine) so I guess we got off lucky. See ya on the water(but not today)!

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I was hoping to get a little fishing in also Ron...but the winds were pretty cold on the water and the docks are jumping up and down. So..will plan for another day...feels more like March out there....LOL:confused2:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: ITS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT UP IN WISC. THEY HAD SNOW AND FREEZING RAIN.THEY SAY THIS FRONT IS SPINNING AND THAT WERE STUCK WITH IT FOR MAYBE A COUPLE OF WEEKS. YOU NEED AN ANCHER TIED TO YOUR BACKSIDE JUST TO BE ABLE TRY FISHING OFF THE BANK. HOPEFULLY IT WILL START WARMING UP BEFORE TO LONG.
    I'M SURE READY FOR IT. GOOD LUCK ON THE FISHING.