Rotten Deer Meet.

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by BigCat4, May 21, 2007.

1. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    Anyone ever used it before as bait?

Any luck.

Thanks.

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Never had any deer meat left to try,we always ate it all.Don't know till ya try it,but there are a lot better baits available than deer meat.

3. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    I could see trying it with some roadkill. I surely wouldn't let any of mine spoil intentionally to use for fishbait.

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i agree i never waste mine. but, one of the huntin' clubs i grew up on had an anual pollywoggin' weekend every summer. all the kids stick cane poles in the ground along the creek while the ol' men drink beer. we used to use rotten deer meat then. i dont know where it came from though. neway we always cought a few of those lil creek cats every year. i dunno about the big boys. i sure wouldnt spend my meat on a fish no matter how big.

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    none of my deer ever sits that long :tounge_out:. seriously though i have used spoiled meat before as a kid, and it worked just fine for channels. it is a pain to get off the hook though, when all the juices are gone.

6. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I've been using deer liver and it works fine.I have used meat scraps on what I call bait lines.After the meat gets a little gamey it'll work well for mudcat,which work well for flatheads.I have also caught a few channels on it.

7. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    We had a thunderstorm knock out power for 4-5 days one summer and all my deer meat spoiled I threw about 75 lbs of it in the river and saved a pack to fish with and soon realized I could do better with minnows fished over the chum pile I had just made.

I reckon the deer meat brought in alot of baitfish wich in turn brought in alot of cats.