Rotating tires

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Chief, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i need new tires for my pickup but i dont have the money yet. the front ones have a lot more tread than the back. is it ok to switch them around. will is mess with the balance or anything?

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    No it will not mess up your balance or anything.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Chief, Go front to back on the same side with Radial tirs that what they recomend. Bigcatman0816.

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    While waiting for bucks for new tires, I would say leave your best tires on the front. Steering and braking control!

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    You can rotate them no problem... if it is a rear wheel drive truck I would recommend putting the better tires on the back...

6. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I agree with Phillip on this one.I would want my better tires on front for control and braking...

7. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well its a 4x4 and the back tires are getting worn pretty good,i'm afraid the belts are gonna start showing soon. so i was gonna put the front ones(the better ones) in the back also i could get better traction that way

8. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    You can some times find pretty good tires at a junk yard. I was looking for a part for an old pickup I had and while waiting for the guy to pull the part I walked around the warehouse and they had walls of tires and some decent ones for under $10.00. We have a radio station that on Sat mornings has "swap shop" and you can call in things to sell or give away and lots of tires are free for picking them up or $5.00 each. Just a thought.

9. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah but if ya can't steer it then ya can't drive it.

10. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    When you get your new tires, you need to rotate them every 6,000 miles so all four of them wear at the same rate. You might benefit by buying them at a place where they rotate and balance them for free for the life of the tire.

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I think you should try to find two used tires to get you by until you can buy new ones. I wouldnt put tires on the front that are about to start showing wires that could cost you and / or someone around you their life.

12. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree with both Phillip and Buddy. I would much rather have the better ones on the front. I would not want to have a front tire go flat or blowout while driving on wornout tires upfront. Leave them good ones where they are.