Ross Barnett Reservoir

Discussion in 'MISSISSIPPI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by heavyduty, Dec 21, 2006.

1. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Hows the fishin on the Rez lately?

2. Ronnie Reeves

Ronnie Reeves New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I went last week caught 8 blue cats biggest one was 7lbs, they were 22ft. deep. I only got to fish about two hours before the wind ran me off the lake.

3. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Thanks Ronnie, put in today at spillway went down river 5 or 6 bends didnt have any luck but had a good time and the weather was nice.

I will be headed for the Mississippi River in the morning, hopefully I will have some luck!

4. maupin

maupin New Member

State:
    virginia
    nice fish!:lol:

5. Ronnie Reeves

Ronnie Reeves New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I had the day off yesterday so I "tried" to go jug fishing for a couple hours in Pelahatchie bay off the res. Well I could not catch any shad so I ended up not even putting a hook in the water. I tried deep water, shallow even followed the sea gulls, they could not find any either. The bay was muddy, but I bet I could have caught a nice mess of blue cats if I had fresh bait. I have been wanting to build me a bait holding tank so I could keep fresh bait at the house so I broke down and ordered a Pondmaster Mag2 350 GPH pump this morning. I am going to make the tanks out of two 55 gal. drums, one will be the filter system and the other will be the holding tank. I have been researching the internet and this web site and I think between all the information out there I can make something that will work.

6. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Ronnie, i wish i had known you were gonna build a bait tank, i threw away a small pool pump a few weeks ago, i knew better but i had to clean out my garage and had one of them close my eyes and start throwin stuff away cleanins LOL! when you get it built you will be good to go then.

7. Ronnie Reeves

Ronnie Reeves New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Thats how my luck has gone lately:big_smile: I have been putting it off for a long time now, I have kept a few bream in a 55gal. tank for weeks without much trouble but I was limited on the amount that I could keep alive. I am going to try my hand at shad also, I hear they are harder to keep alive.