Rosie Thursday night

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by azcataholic, Sep 5, 2009.

1. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    With thoughts of possible bad weather over the weekend, I met up with Lonnie at Indian point and we fished Tonto end on Thursday night. Some sprinkles and wind early but died down to beautiful evening. We had our gills, plenty of bait, used live and cut bait. Caught a couple of channels 4 to 6 lbs. no locomotive runs. My lesson learned that night was using # 5 kahle hooks, which are thinner, instead of 8,s when you get hung up the hook will break, so no new tying terminal tackle on. I lose to much valuable time retying my set-up. Just a tip! I believe the hook would hold up with a good size fish! Oh, and Lonny brought up a turtle the size of a spare tire.

2. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    thanks for the report. those turtles are a pain in the ass but 1 hell of a good fight. have you tried to go to the salt end?i never have been but i want to.i have this fantasy trip planned out a couple nights at rosie then a couple at apache then canyon and sag. but with my back now i cant do shit.thanks

3. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    thanks mike! mybe we should start a turtle club? that one that i got was about 16in. i have really been wantin to go up to rosie to some where up around the salt arm there is so much structure in that lake

4. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Yep, turtle club sounds good need to find someone to clean them. Years back I cleaned one, tasted great, but alot of work.

5. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i heard thay are good but i have never tried any. them dam soft shell turtles are ugly to but i would still eat it