Rosie? Oh yeah...and newbie

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ragincajun19, Aug 16, 2009.

1. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I am new to the board here. Been fishing AZ flatheads for a few years with a PB of 38lbs, cant seem to break the 40 mark yet. I live way up north in Cottonwood so its hard for me to get down to the hotspots anymore. Has anyone been to Rosie lately? Any luck? I went a couple months ago and we got one that was 14 but the guys I was fishing with are not catfisherman at all. I had to put them on quantity rather than quality so we fished right off windy hill in the cove for some channels and got lucky with the flattie.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tim Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I look forward to reading your post.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Tim.

4. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    welcome to the boc. well looks like well have to get you new friends.:smile2:havent been to rosey but am planning on going. i want to hit up all salt river lakes in a week. i want to start with rosey then apache well u get it. i think theres flats in the verde up in verde valley. if you have a boat i sug. pleasant. its the only lake half full so the flats are dam near jumping in the boat. i sure wish bart was 50% now. anyway good luck man

5. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have never fished pleasant, the verde up here is OK but since the floods the last few years and new developments it's hard to find descent spots here anymore. As far as pleasant goes, I don't know the first thing about the place...I.E. where the river is or where to go up it to. can you get there without a boat?

6. 89Ricky89

89Ricky89 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC!

7. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    I fish rosie two or three times a week,mostly tonto end,indianpoint area.we do real well there,channels and flats.

8. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have heard that the tonto end is good but haven't fished it since the water came up. Is indian point where the north side boat launch is?

9. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello Tim and welcome to the BOC!!!

10. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    My brother and I decided to head up to the salt end of rosie and do some flatheading. How far up the river should we go? When I was there a couple months ago we headed up that way scouting but the guy I went with was scared to take his boat much farther than the submerged forest after schoolhouse. That spot actually looked pretty good to me. Rocky cliff point and submerged trees right next to the channel. Only thing I didn't like was that it was 40 feet at the trees and 45 in the channel. Any ideas?

11. catman13

catman13 New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    Up in the channel n. Flathead river rte by the rock cave by the flatheaded monsters!

12. catman13

catman13 New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    Now u know where to fish for good starts. N. The water up past the eagles nest.

13. lonny

lonny New Member

State:
    az
    yup thats the one

14. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz New Member

State:
    AZ
    Whitch is better right now and are there big ones?