Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i want to thank everyone in advance for there help, but this is going to be my first catfishing trip to Rosie and i know nothing about the lake like where to fish for bait or where to find the flattys if anyone could help me out i would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Eric, with that being about 14 days away. I believe the upper salt water flow would have dropped enough and the water temp increased enough to say putting in at schoolhouse and working towards the upper salt would be good. Catch your gills before heading up river. Keep us posted as the time nears. The debris should settle down by then on upper salt, hopefully.

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
Or it might pan out if you stay out of the river and try one of the mouths of the coves in about 15ft of water with a good drop closeby I would try one of the coves on the northside of the lake. I just don't know about the river with all the cold water.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a couple other questions, how much weight are you guys using? and what size hooks? (5/0)? im new to the whole fishing thing so i dont know the name of the setup, but im going to be using a 3-way swivel putting my weight on one and the bait on the other my pole has 30lb test and im going to use 8lb test on the weight. does this sound about right?

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Well, Good luck,, at Rosie,,
regarding rigs,, the weight ,, I use between 3-5 oz , and
the hooks,, I use Kahles mostly,, occasionally a J or Octapus style,, 6/0-7/0,, but, on the Kahles I use between 7/0-10/0.. depends on size of the bait..

The 3 way your describing sounds like a good place to start,,with the "sacrifice" weight line!!

Also, using a big bobber, or Float , with the bait suspended about halfway down the water column, might work, with either live or cut-bait..
and, Welcome to the USCA!!:cowboy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.