Rosey this weekend

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by anakin, Aug 9, 2006.

1. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Heading up to Rosey this weekend with some friends who have a boat for two nites. Wish us luck & hopefully we come back with a state record !

p.s. i like to think big

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Sweet dude,
    Those long trips are fun. It's the drive home from that lake that is grueling.

~Hope you get to try out the new certified scale at the marina.. Don't forget the camera.
    * Post your results, Hope you get a big one!

3. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I'll be heading out for the first time in a long while. I will try the salt above roosy at Ead's wash. Even if the fishing ain't so good, at least i will catch some of saturday night's meteor shower. Too bad the moon will hide alot of it. Good luck!

4. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good luck to all of you headed to Rosey. I wish I was going but I have a dinner function with the fire department that I have to attend. When I was down there last week the guy at the station at the Butcher Hook said 72lb flat was weighed in last week. If so and it was done on a certified scale I believe that might be a new state record. I think the record will be broken several times in the upcoming years at Rosey due to the new lake syndrome it is going through. Now is a good time to be there.

5. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    silence - thks for pointing that out. i'll keep a look out sat nite. how many nites you going to be at the river for?

azcatman - 72lbs ? wow ! anything at this point would make me happy. Ive only caught one since i started targeting em. Its been almost a year now i think im due my second fish !

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Wow...
    Hey alright~ Hope that fish was released...

~~ See you at Roosie next weekend!!

7. SilencedMajority

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Anakin - I'm only going Saturday night, I wanna see how all the new water will affect the bite before I commit to a whole weekend. The meteor shower, unless I'm mistaken, will start to show around 11.30pm, to the right and down from the moon. I think that's northernly? Anyway, its the biggest of the year's showers, although the near-full moon will hide alot of them. Good luck!

8. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    stayed two nites only fished one as i felt sick on the second nite. No bites trying the new spot fishergirl caught her last flatty from. Probably could of caught some channels but i was gilled up on all poles.

9. SilencedMajority

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Yeah, i was only out there sat night for a couple hours. got to see some really cool meteors, no bites though. I was fishing the salt above roosy at Ead's wash, and man was that river HUGE!!! The spot i usually fish was under 6 feet of swirling current. I needed 5 ounces just to keep my bait down in the slackest part of the river. A guy we met there said that his buddy had caught a 35lb flathead during the day on saturday that very spot. Water was very very muddy as well. I think that river will have some awesome flatheads in it as soon as the river ebbs down a bit come fall.

10. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    We are going back down this weekend weather permitting. Just curious where is Ead's wash. Sounds like the spot we have been fishing if it is up river a bit. Is it the wash that is on the bend of the river where it turns and heads kinda East. Just wondering.

11. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I will probably head up to Roosey this weekend myself.
    Look for me in the old toon with a PVC frame and tarp for an awning.
    I am going to try and fish up the river. It has been a while since I was out there last so I don't know what to expect. If anybody has any good ideas or spots to try please share.

IS IT SATURDAY YET???

12. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    With the Salt running the way it is I really don't know what to tell you. This is new to me but I agree once the water flows stabilize watch out. The river will be hot. Just very tough right now with the water flows. But you can't catch them sitting at home!!!!!

13. SilencedMajority

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Ead's is the third river access point from the diversion dam, accessible by any car really, although thankfully its not nearly as popular as the spots closer to the dam are. It is on a stretch of river east to west, right below a tight bend where the river flows north to south. Thats the best way I can describe it at least. The way the river is now there is a big beach on the south side of the river, with some small mud cliffs upriver. I can't wait until the current subsides a bit, that is my favorite shore spot!

14. chattycatty

chattycatty New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hope all goes well for you! Good luck!