Rose question

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by sds888, Jul 11, 2006.

1. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    All of my roses are losing their color. The red ones are turning pink and others have turn white. Does anyone know why and what to do about it?
    thanks
    Stephen

2. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Have you fertilized lately? What do the leaves look like?

3. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    The leaves look goo and they get fertilzer about once every three months or so. Had them for about three years now never had this happen.

4. FROG

FROG New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I will ask the wife when she is awake she is the gardener ofthe house I will let you know what she says

5. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
  6. FROG

FROG New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    the wife is awake and she said insects can cause roses to loose color she said go out and buy some systemic ROSE & FLOWER CARE it will last about six weeks and you will have to do it again

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Some mini roses I got recently.

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Cheryl, those mini's are beautiful. I LOVE the purple! I don't think I've ever seen any that color. Really pretty!

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You must turn the heat down........I hope you do

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

My mother would put her used tea leaves around her rose bushes she said it did fertilize and help keep the bugs off of the plants. just open the tea bag after it cools and dump the contents around the base of the plant.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Roxie,

One night an older lady in WW found one of those lavendar ones and bought it because her deceased husband always had her a rose garden. It was the only one there.

Recently, I was at a different WW and found that one. I had never seen that color either.

Take care.
    Cheryl

12. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Without seeing your rose and going on what info. you have gave. Here is a list of things that could be going on with your roses. However my #1 target would be Thrips.

1.Pest:
    Thrips or spider mites.

2.Soil PH level:
    if your soil is to alkaline it can & will cause changes in your bloom colors.

3.fertilizer & Minors:
    if your are over feeding or your soil is likin in minors this could cause colors changes as well

First thing I'd say check your blooms for small pest. Look in the bloom petals for them if you have thrips that;s where they will be. They are VARY small pest that feed on the blooms. If you have Spider Mites you will find them under the leaves. They are VARY small pests as well and are red-brown.

If you have added any thing that could have changed your soil PH such as lime you should get a PH test on your soil.

It could be over feeding if you are giving the plants to much fertilizer at each feeding. your soil could be likin in minors and this can cause your plants to not take in food & water as they should.

What type of food are you using,what balance & how much do you feed them at each feeding?? If it's pest let me know I'll tell you what you can use to take care of them.