Rose Hill, KS

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by PeterBeutler, Jun 4, 2008.

1. PeterBeutler

PeterBeutler New Member

State:
    Kansas
    My family is in the military so I move around alot.
    Found out today that I will get to finish high school here.

I would like to know if there are any decent flathead spots around here.

Everyone is talking about perry and whatnot.
    But I prefer something closer, gas is a killer.

I went down to the Walnut with a couple of friends but its up so much right now, and from what I hear its hard to find a spot on that river that isn't privately owned.
    Haha my grandfather own quite alot of land in montana and I know how he used to freak out when people would come onto the river passing through his land to fish.

So if anyone could throw some pointers it would be great.
    Thanks
    Peter

2. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas

3. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    there is a ramp there at winfield that a lot of guys talk about putting in at and fishing. I have never been there though.

for lake fishing, try over at toronta lake. Its the best flathead lake in the state. has a lot of standing timber in it, and lots of cover for flats. Worth getting to know if you are going to be around for a while

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    There is quite a bit of good fishin around here. It just depends on whether you prefer rivers to lakes or creeks.Most of the rivers have horrible access but they all have atleast one public access point. Toronto is an excellent lake with the Verdigris being one of the best flathead rivers in the state.Winfield city lake has some nice fish in it but its too busy for me. I mainly fish the rivers here in Ks and fish Kaw Lake in Oklahoma. Thats the closest drive for a good bluecat population.

5. PeterBeutler

PeterBeutler New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks. Checked out the site, looked at the reports and stuff.

It says what fish they know are there and stuff, but I would love some people feed-back.

And I looked up Toronta Lake, anywhere in particular on the lake you suggest?

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I would try Toronto Point or below the dam.

7. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    if you fish toronto below the dam, and the water is slow, wade out into the water as far as you dare and cast at the dam. there is a deep "box" right in front of the dam where flats will lay in. If you can make it into the box, your in good shape. never been able to reach it without wading though. There are many gates on the dam, so the amount of water they can release can really very.

most of the lake is good. Lots of cover in it for them to hide in. They guy I knew that fished it always said to fish the part where the wind was blowing, and not the calm water.

8. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    YOU CAN FISH BELOW THE DAM AT ELDORADO LAKE, I GOT 3 10LBSERS ON TUESDAY NIGHT ON GOLD FISH, ITS BEST WHEN THEY ARE RELEASING WATER
    WENT LAST NIGHT GOT 3 SMALL ONES. ITS CLOSE TO ROSE HILL :big_smile: RWG