Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went solo overnighter tonto end. Got runs on mainly live bait, one good run on cut bait. Caught one about 2#, two got hung up in rocks and branches, one the leader broke, the second I did a tug of war for about ten minutes to get him out of branches. I finally gave a heave ho and the line broke. Took my boat in a box, 12' inflatable with trolling motor. My prop came off which limited my bluegill catching ability. I'll take my snorkel and mask when the water warms and drops a little. Beautiful nite on the lake with a breeze.

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
Iam glad that you went out and had a good time it sound like the fish were biting but thay were just getting the best of you. I like it the other way around but you can't win them all. Thx for the report. The salt is starting to slow it won't be long till it's hot

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The funny part about me losing the prop was first thing my wife said, Don't you check to make sure it is tight? Naturally my reply, Sure I am going to check the next one once in a while. Some things in life just have to happen to you once in your life to help you remember!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeh I know what you mean. That must include putting the boat in the water with out the plug....sooooo much water from such a small hole.:angry::laugh1: Good thing was I remembered before I took it off the trailer. I just won't tell the wife about it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.