Roosevelt Shore Angler

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Rebel986, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Rebel986

Rebel986 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hi everyone,

Im new here. I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out. Ive lived in AZ a few years but only fished roosevelt once. its about 2hr trip for me to get there. I love to catfish but ive never caught a flathead. I want to take my brother in law out there but have no clue were to go for good flathead shore spots. Im not familiar with the lake either.. just know the east side of it lol. Any tips would be greatly appreciated thanks

Dave

2. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Welcome David,
    You will get some good tips on here for shore fishing. First off have Roosevelt lake map and google the lake. Weather and water temp is getting there. I have fished the east side but also learned of a couple of spots on the tonto basin side from fellow member Lonny.

3. Rebel986

Rebel986 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Im coming from Tucson... I heard maybe somewhere near the diversion dam might be okay?? I know the lake is way up and finding spots on the shore is hard. I got google earth and was looking at it but its from 2007 :0a20: Any local spots you know of around there?

4. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Welcome to the site David.
    Can't help with any good spots to fish from shore with the lake level way
    up it makes it tough. Lots of snags
    Good luck.
    Larry

5. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello David, As you are Highway #288 headed towards young, just about 100 yards before you get to the small bridge going over the salt river there is a paved road on your left. I can't remember the sign there. From there follow the road a short distance the road off to the right will take you to the diversion dam. If you chose to go straight the road turns to the right. You will see a parking area which you can drive thru to go to the end of the road and fish that area. The spot in that area I like is stopping at the middle parking area, restrooms on left and parking there. From that parking area on the right hand side towards the water there is a trail which takes you to the water 50 yards from your vehicle. I have been right next to guys catching fish there!:smile2: Good Luck!

6. Rebel986

Rebel986 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thankyou so much for the info... I cant wait to be fishing :0a23:

7. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello David, Check the member library here on catfish1. on flathead baits, techniques, etc. I suggest catching your live bait, bluegill before setting up in that area. Read all the local post you can on the lakes in the area, also check out catfish rollo [ fundamentals for catching flatheads]. I appreciate all the assistance given to me here through last year that made for a fun season of catfishing. Daytime deep, nighttime shallow!

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yea,
    The water is about 8' higher now, than when I fished last from the bank... SNAGS are everywhere...
    Motoring around in the boat, you can see them just under the surface,, it'd be tough,,
    I'm only a bit familiar with the Tonto end,, the Salt end , would be new territory to me,,
    Still learning it myself,,,,