Roosevelt near marina

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by badgmc, Jun 8, 2007.

1. badgmc

badgmc New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Planning on heading to Roosevelt Saturday. We will be near the marina, are there any good cat locations near that area?

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    head east to school house point or stop at windy hill on the east side there is a lot of camping spots and places to camp overnight and fish. there are lots of fishing spots on banks and it is a good spot for flats and channeles,,just ask AZFLATS!!

3. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    I would try the Salt River end, north shore or up river but you may want to try this spot near Rock Island. I've never over-nighted there but it's loaded with blue gills & carp. That's got to be an attractor for cats. Let me know if you go there & how it went.

roosevelt.jpg

4. badgmc

badgmc New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Zonaman,
    Thanks for the reply. I usually head up the Salt as far as I can go and anchor and do OK. But, I wanted to spend sometime around the marina area and see if I can get some crappie under the lights. I am planning on cating for a while then try the crappies. I think I know where this point is at. I'll give it a try.

Anyone know the name of the nearest launch ramp for this part of the lake? I usually go out of school house but a late start and gas prices I would like to get as close as possible.

5. Zonaman

Zonaman New Member

State:
    Florida
    You're welcome!

I believe Windy Hill is nearest public launch area. There's one nearer the dam but it's owned by the Marina consession, I think.

6. greatthosu

greatthosu New Member

State:
    AZ.
    Yes it is owned by the marina,But you can put in there.Just make suer you have your Tonto permit.